Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] My first report here
RE: My first report here
(11-08-2023, 02:00 PM)Frankiboy Wrote: Yes, I have changed it. Epr is now 3.
I'm here to learn and find the right setting and take your advice, but I've come a long way from my titration with 7 and EPR 1, and nothing has really improved since then, so I wanted to sleep with the settings for a few days in the hope that I'll get used to them.
But that doesn't seem to be working and I will now really increase and thank you. Sorry, I really didn't want you to think I didn't respect your knowledge.Y

Look, CPAP is complicated but you have a couple opportunities to improve your therapy should you choose to do so.

Here's the order I'd try to solve your poor sleep:

1. obstructive events
2. hypopneas
3. central apneas

In order to solve your obstructive events, you'll want to increase your minimum pressure by one and sleep with the settings for 2-3 nights.

I'm a big fan of simplifying therapy so I'd actually recommend turning EPR off while you search for your minimum therapeutic pressure. Another reason to turn EPR off temporarily is the pressure difference EPR causes can contribute to increasing central apnea via c02 wash-out. With remaining obstructive events indicating your pressure is too low, adding more EPR is lowering the pressure further and likely making your therapy worse as evidenced by your latest screenshots.

As you find your minimum pressure you'll likely start seeing less hypopneas (dark blue) as well. Once you find your optimal pressure that solves all obstructive events, if there are remaining hypopneas then you can consider adding EPR slowly to see if the pressure differential helps.

You may find that once you find your minimum pressure + optimal EPR that switching to constant pressure mode (CPAP) may benefit you as well because pressure fluctuation can also cause central apneas.

There is a hint of evidence you may have some positional apnea as well considering clustered obstructive events so watch out for that. This is due to your sleeping position.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 222 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 276 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 216 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,711 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 522 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 534 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Discrepancy between Resmed Clinician report and OSCAR lavern 10 1,084 10-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Last Post: lavern

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.