Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Need Help Interpreting Daily Report
Need Help Interpreting Daily Report
Hi, I'm somewhat new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been asked many times before.

Here's my situation:
I have been using a CPAP for a little over a year now for mild OSA. My AHI averages about 3.5 and I sleep on the average of 7-8 hours per night. The problem is that recently I keep waking up two or three times during the night and have to take off the mask (AirFit nasal pillows) and put it back on until it's time for me to get up. With each awakening, I'm startled out of sleep and breathing quickly.

Could someone who knows how to interpret the Daily Report take a look at mine and give me some feedback? Also, I need instructions on locating and uploading the right data file. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help Interpreting Daily Report
Sleepyhead creates a screenshot by simply pressing the F12 key, and stores it in My Document/Sleepyhead/Screenshots. You can attach that file using the forum attach image feature, or host the image on a site and post the link or image here. Here is a tutorial http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Try to include the Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, and Snores or Flow limitations if available. On the left side of the daily details, minimize the calendar so we see more of the settings data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Need 8 post for links. Attachment limited to 300KB.
Keeping that in mind, please do attach a screen shot.

Sleeprider is very good at deciphering. I'll give it a look too.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
achoden, post a simple reply to this post and you'll be up to 8 posts. Then wait about 15 minutes for the server to upgrade your forum account, and you should then be able to post outside links to images hosted on other sites (as Sleeprider's link instructs).

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 02:55 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: achoden, post a simple reply to this post and you'll be up to 8 posts. Then wait about 15 minutes for the server to upgrade your forum account, and you should then be able to post outside links to images hosted on other sites (as Sleeprider's link instructs).

Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. I uploaded a screenshot showing selected data from my Daily Report from Feb. 7.

[Image: e70ldNV.png]

I chose this report because it is atypical and weird (unusually low AHI, and amount of sleep time. Please take a look at the data and give me your impression (s) of any patterns you notice.

Thanks!

A.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure the atypical night is the one to analyze because that would be a poor choice for recommending any changes. You have exceptionally low AHI here and nothing remarkable in terms of events. You have a low tidal volume due to shallow breathing most of the night, and that seems to improve after 12:50. You might want to play with CFlex a little to see if a setting of 1 makes any difference. Keep in mind it doesn't affect the amount of pressure relief you get, just the timing of the change from exhale to inhale, with lower numbers providing a faster transition.

You have an unusual ratio of inhale time to exhale time 2.5:1.4. Most people have longer inspiration than expiration, and that ratio suggest possible airway resistance that might benefit from the pressure support of bilevel. However, this is as you said, an atypical night, and we don't know of any other medical complications or medication that might be going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm not sure the atypical night is the one to analyze because that would be a poor choice for recommending any changes. You have exceptionally low AHI here and nothing remarkable in terms of events. You have a low tidal volume due to shallow breathing most of the night, and that seems to improve after 12:50. You might want to play with CFlex a little to see if a setting of 1 makes any difference. Keep in mind it doesn't affect the amount of pressure relief you get, just the timing of the change from exhale to inhale, with lower numbers providing a faster transition.

You have an unusual ratio of inhale time to exhale time 2.5:1.4. Most people have longer expiration inspiration than inspiration expiration, and that ratio suggest possible airway resistance that might benefit from the pressure support of bilevel. However, this is as you said, an atypical night, and we don't know of any other medical complications or medication that might be going on.

I think you meant to say as marked above.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm not sure the atypical night is the one to analyze because that would be a poor choice for recommending any changes.

This is just one of the atypical nights I've been having. For the past few days I have been sleeping poorly, and tend to startle each time I awaken. One morning I woke up hyperventilating although I do not have any pulmonary problems that I know of.

(02-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have exceptionally low AHI here and nothing remarkable in terms of events. You have a low tidal volume due to shallow breathing most of the night, and that seems to improve after 12:50. You might want to play with CFlex a little to see if a setting of 1 makes any difference. Keep in mind it doesn't affect the amount of pressure relief you get, just the timing of the change from exhale to inhale, with lower numbers providing a faster transition.

You have an unusual ratio of inhale time to exhale time 2.5:1.4. Most people have longer inspiration than expiration, and that ratio suggest possible airway resistance that might benefit from the pressure support of bilevel. However, this is as you said, an atypical night, and we don't know of any other medical complications or medication that might be going on.

Thanks for your interpretation. I think a change in the C-Flex is worth trying. All my neurologist keeps suggesting is to increase the pressure to 14, but we did that once and I could not tolerate it. I will discuss changing the C-Flex with him.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 05:18 PM)justMongo Wrote: I think you meant to say as marked above.

Hey JM! Someone has to proofread this stuff...you nailed it! Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 472 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 584 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.