Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New CPAP user here
RE: New CPAP user here
(12-28-2020, 08:46 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Excellent!  If for any reason they try to give you something else, don’t accept it. With luck, your doc will back you up on that.

Yep, plan to do that! Others told me to demand I get that machine. I am sure they SHOULD LISTEN as I maybe able to get auto CPAP approval maybe. I kept the CPAP study appointment JUST in case my insurance does make me need to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
So an update real quick, guys.

I may be "approved" for the auto CPAP machine, but am awaiting to be contacted by my DME who is Lincare. With the holidays and such, I am not expecting to hear anything till Monday. If not by the end of Monday, I will give them a ring Tuesday morning.

My CPAP study appointment I saw did get cancelled I saw via the online chart system, so that has to mean I possibly did get the auth for an auto CPAP. I also would have had to do a covid test beforehand. Due to me not doing the CPAP study, I don't need that covid test.

At this time I am just awaiting for the DME and hope my insurance will pay a good amount if not all of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure it is a ResMed autoset not a Phillips dreamstation!! Don’t except any other machine they cost the same but the DME makes more money from a dreamstation.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 12:23 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Make sure it is a ResMed autoset not a Phillips dreamstation!!  Don’t except any other machine they cost the same but the DME makes more money from a dreamstation.

I am counting on them trying to guilt me to use a dreamstation lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
After weeks of this, I go next week to meet with the DME in town here. I was asked if I did a titration study, and said no. They must get a lot of people who just do the titration study. DME seemed to assume I got a mask and all the other stuff, so most must go for the titration. Also asked about COVID stuff such as been tested recently, around anybody with it, etc.

I said a full face as the past weeks or so I do awake with dry mouth pretty hard. I am open to trying other types of masks too and will state this to the person. I was not asked about a machine, but the day I go I will say I want the ResMed AirSense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to include the final word in the mantra: Autoset!
Post Reply Post Reply
as Dormeo said Autoset is key there are many models in the S10 line of machines just like there are many models in the Ford lineup. If it is not an Autoset they could give you one that isn't even able to use OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] New APAP/CPAP user, how do I interpret these results? thefayone 2 135 01-15-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: thefayone
Cool Brand new cpap user! Some questions regarding my first night xdestry 48 1,395 01-12-2021, 10:39 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New CPAP user. Can anybody suggest my Airsense 10 setting ? chuhao 6 308 01-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New CPAP user - how do I fix my messed up sleep rhythm? sleepdeprived20 4 298 01-05-2021, 02:01 PM
Last Post: martyedb
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Rough start Kephus 8 403 01-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
  [Diagnosis] New User RMac 10 450 11-24-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New Board Member - Long time CPAP user - Issues mrindian 9 394 11-18-2020, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.