Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New CPAP user here
RE: New CPAP user here
(12-28-2020, 08:46 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Excellent!  If for any reason they try to give you something else, don’t accept it. With luck, your doc will back you up on that.

Yep, plan to do that! Others told me to demand I get that machine. I am sure they SHOULD LISTEN as I maybe able to get auto CPAP approval maybe. I kept the CPAP study appointment JUST in case my insurance does make me need to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
So an update real quick, guys.

I may be "approved" for the auto CPAP machine, but am awaiting to be contacted by my DME who is Lincare. With the holidays and such, I am not expecting to hear anything till Monday. If not by the end of Monday, I will give them a ring Tuesday morning.

My CPAP study appointment I saw did get cancelled I saw via the online chart system, so that has to mean I possibly did get the auth for an auto CPAP. I also would have had to do a covid test beforehand. Due to me not doing the CPAP study, I don't need that covid test.

At this time I am just awaiting for the DME and hope my insurance will pay a good amount if not all of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure it is a ResMed autoset not a Phillips dreamstation!! Don’t except any other machine they cost the same but the DME makes more money from a dreamstation.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 12:23 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Make sure it is a ResMed autoset not a Phillips dreamstation!!  Don’t except any other machine they cost the same but the DME makes more money from a dreamstation.

I am counting on them trying to guilt me to use a dreamstation lol
Post Reply Post Reply
After weeks of this, I go next week to meet with the DME in town here. I was asked if I did a titration study, and said no. They must get a lot of people who just do the titration study. DME seemed to assume I got a mask and all the other stuff, so most must go for the titration. Also asked about COVID stuff such as been tested recently, around anybody with it, etc.

I said a full face as the past weeks or so I do awake with dry mouth pretty hard. I am open to trying other types of masks too and will state this to the person. I was not asked about a machine, but the day I go I will say I want the ResMed AirSense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to include the final word in the mantra: Autoset!
Post Reply Post Reply
as Dormeo said Autoset is key there are many models in the S10 line of machines just like there are many models in the Ford lineup. If it is not an Autoset they could give you one that isn't even able to use OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my CPAP machine yesterday, and it was in fact a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. I also have the AirFit F30i full face mask. I slept with it last night for only 2 and a half hours or so. Adjusting to the pressure and wearing a mask will be rough, but so far it isn't as bad as I thought it'd be! 

My DME invited me to use myAir, but will also consider using OSCAR too. I just now am set to do a follow up appointment with my pulmonologist.  He approved taking Melatonin if I need it at night for me. Said 3-5mg initially for now, though. 

My ranges I was told are 5-20. I am not sure how hard or not the CPAP machine worked when I slept on the side versus the back. That is something I want to see if OSCAR or so could reveal. Note I am moderate sleep apnea too.

So yeah, I am officially in the CPAP club  Wink Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the club! I'm so glad you got this excellent machine. Please do use Oscar, and please consider posting a chart so we can support you in any fine-tuning that might be called for. I think this is critical for the success of people who come to the board to maximize the benefits they receive from PAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2021, 02:13 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Welcome to the club!  I'm so glad you got this excellent machine.  Please do use Oscar, and please consider posting a chart so we can support you in any fine-tuning that might be called for.  I think this is critical for the success of people who come to the board to maximize the benefits they receive from PAP therapy.

I will get that started as soon as I figure it out. I am good with computers and most software, so cannot be too hard. If I need any SD card or anything, will pick one up cheap or so. Speaking of, I do have a flash drive somewhere too. I also think OSCAR sounds like a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 357 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,473 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.