Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New CPAP user here
RE: New CPAP user here
5-20 is just wide open. There is no thought given to the optimum settings just set it and hope for it to work. Please post OSCAR and get some adjustments to your therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2021, 02:33 PM)staceyburke Wrote: 5-20 is just wide open. There is no thought given to the optimum settings just set it and hope for it to work. Please post OSCAR and get some adjustments to your therapy.

I didn't do the titration study. I did 2 and a half hours and felt "refreshed" more than I usually am.  Dont-know  I agree that this is wide open too, and maybe a bit confusing? I just didn't do the CPAP study due to covid reasons. 

I feel that is what my doc or whoever did this is pretty much doing. I kind of got a mixed bedside manner vibe from the pulmonologist. He's also studied sleep med, and some others speak ok toward him online. 

What do you need to get OSCAR to work fine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just download to your computer and take the SD card and put it in the computer.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to sleep with it almost 3 hours before saying screw it. This is a struggle!! My brain and body just hate it for some reason. I do manage to fall asleep thankfully. I've heard some people not able to fall asleep with a CPAP here and on other sites.

I am all for this device, and I am not thinking negative of it at all. I honestly felt a bit better sleeping those 2-3 hours than anything. My PC doesn't have an SD card reader on it, but I can buy a device which hooks up to your USB to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy one for 15 or less
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason we want you to use OSCAR and report data is we can help you with settings that will make this easier and more comfortable. for example, your machine provides bilevel pressure called exhale pressure relief (EPR). I would almost immediately change you to a minimum pressure of 6.0 and EPR at 2 which would give you 6/4 (inhale/exhale) starting pressure and would relieve a lot of pressure variations and flow limits if they are there. If we can see the charts, we can understand the pressures your machine is using, and why. There is so much more we can do with the data that MyAir can never tell you.

How did you settle on a full-face mask?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2021, 09:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The reason we want you to use OSCAR and report data is we can help you with settings that will make this easier and more comfortable.  for example, your machine provides bilevel pressure called exhale pressure relief (EPR).  I would almost immediately change you to a minimum pressure of 6.0 and EPR at 2 which would give you 6/4 (inhale/exhale) starting pressure and would relieve a lot of pressure variations and flow limits if they are there. If we can see the charts, we can understand the pressures your machine is using, and why.   There is so much more we can do with the data that MyAir can never tell you.

How did you settle on a full-face mask?

Mouth breather. I woke up with dry mouth alll the time before this. I've had no issues with the mask aside from some now discomfort around the nose/nasal part. This was no issue day one sleeping, but became an issue last night. 

I told the woman I saw that I was a mouth breather alongside the dry mouth stuff, so she suggested trying the full face mask. I see no issue with it myself, but I just know I always woke with dry mouth, using the bathroom everytime I wake up, and headaches occasionally. 

I will give the data with OSCAR as soon as I can get the SD card reader. I assume there's already an SD card in the machine, or is that something I gotta get too?
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look. The slot is behind a small plastic door on the left side of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some suppliers put them in the machine some don’t   It is located in the left top of the machine. There is a small “rubber” to open up and the slot is behind it. If not there you might get it from your provider. If they don’t have they are also inexpensive. You need an 8 to 32 go SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,487 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,042 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,016 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,592 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.