Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New CPAP user looking for support and guidance! THANKS!
RE: New CPAP user looking for support and guidance! THANKS!
By the way, can anyone tell me if my flow limitation is okay?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2013, 10:56 PM)wasserware Wrote: By the way, can anyone tell me if my flow limitation is okay?

Hi wasserware,

The flow limitation (and how you feel) might be improved by reducing or turning off EPR. Have you tried that?

Take care,
---- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2013, 10:56 PM)wasserware Wrote: By the way, can anyone tell me if my flow limitation is okay?
I say its okay. you,re not going to get a perfect line or shape all night, bound to be some variations

flow limitation is a measure of partial upper airways obstructions
SleepHead calculate the total numbers of FL events per night divided by hours of use
ResScan goes by shape. a flat shape (top) suggest upper airways obstructions and mountain shape (bottom) is good

Post Reply Post Reply
I think that months or years of bad sleep because of sleep apnea can take weeks or months to resolve, just like you said. There is often a sleep debt that comes due. You have to pay back all those nights of apnea interrupted sleep. For a while you may not feel refreshed after your usual sleep period. I am one of those who took a while to feel better. My apnea worsened after starting therapy and I took Nuvigil or Provigil for years for excessive daytime sleepiness. They are called wakefullness drugs and help with sleepiness, but don't give you energy or a sense of wellbeing like other CNS stimulants.
Good luck,
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 424 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 294 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,338 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 134 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,489 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,042 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.