Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New Machine No Dream
Sad 
New Machine No Dream
Hello, just got my first machine and have had it for 3 days. On day 1 this new Dreamstation worked beautifully woke up from a good night sleep with the expected air bubble in the gut. Now day 2 and 3 the machine never seems like it gets out of ramp mode, I've turned the ramp off to let the initial 12 hit me the pressure is there but then dies off and feels like a whisper. My settings are set 12-20 and the machine is set to auto detect and Flex, but on this 3rd night I didn't get any sleep just laid there waiting for the machine to hit the pressure which never came. I believe something is wrong even though this smart machine says other wise. Does anyone else have this machine and possibly some advice? I have a feeling I will be calling the provider of the machine for a replacement..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine No Dream
Hi ccribbs2 - Welcome

You may be adapting to the CPAP very easily and don't feel the pressure.  You can download #SleepyHead (link embedded in name) to see your sleep data.  That would be the definitive answer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Crimson Nape said, you may be adjusting and not as aware of the pressure as you were at first.  I have a DreamStation Auto and use Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows, and sometimes I wonder if it's on because it's so quiet and I can't feel the air.  All I have to do is pull the nasal pillows away slightly from my nose and there it is - that whoosh of air.

When you say it isn't getting up to pressure, have you ever pushed the round dial on the front of the DreamStation to check the pressure being delivered at that moment?  That could help determine if there is something wrong with your machine.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the clinical manual for the machine so you are sure it is set up properly? See the link at the top of the Forum page to the CPAP Setup Manuals section.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes I feel like I'm breathing without pressure with a min 11cm and will open my mouth to double check it's on. WHOOSH! Yep. It's on LOL
Not sure how you'd do that with a full face though without stuffing up your seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the responses. I believe that all of you are correct. I think that since I'm still adjusting to this sleep process and how smart with technology this machine is, that it's got me all confused. So yes, I down loaded the sleep tracking software for the machine and checked my info. Then I gave it another try last night and got a full night sleep and checked the progress from last night and the machine info states it had to hit 18.5cm at one point, but I feel great. I guess part of me thinks that there needs to be a constant pressure like past machines, but this new tech is totally different
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, I have a full face mask.. Before I lay down I always say "pilot.... reporting in to tower ready for take off"... Lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Your cleared for takeoff.  Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,381 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,008 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 551 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 462 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 779 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 887 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,819 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.