Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New User
New User
Hi great site! 

I've been using APAP for a few weeks & would like some help and/or suggestions (pressure change/ramp etc.) based on the screen shots below. The results has been pretty consistent & last night's data is representative. Original sleep study results indicated ~60 events an hour so big improvement from those levels.

Thx!

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: New User
Welcome to the forum.

Your obstructive events are well managed.
Min pressure should be 7 (Min = 4 (machine min + EPR (3) =7 or 6 min for an adult as a min, it can be higher We will leave it at 6 because we will be reducing EPR to 1

Reduce EPR to 1 to see if Central Apneas reduce. We may suggest turning off EPR depending on your results. EPR or PS / pressure support can play a big roll in flushing CO2 out of the system which can trigger central apneas when CO2 falls below your apneic threshold. We will not know until we try.

It would help a lot if you could post redacted copies of your sleep studies. Those will give us a lot of insight. Right now it is to determine if your central apnea is treatment-emergent per the mechanism above.

Also always critically state how you feel.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding!

I lowered EPR to 1 last night & AHI decreased to 6.21 - is that possibly direct co-relation? I didn't realize how much I had been fighting the machine - last night breathed clear & easy.

Also, I've attached my sleep study.

Since starting treatment, I had noticed I felt less tired & in less need of naps/coffee, but not a massive improvement - however I feel very well rested this morning. Hopefully its a trend!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thx.

.pdf   Sleep Study.pdf (Size: 399.87 KB / Downloads: 9)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is. Turn EPR off tonight. And turn Ramp off, your pressures are low so you shouldn't need it. Most of the senior people here do not use the ramp.
Work on getting those sleep studies, you want them in your personal possession
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Bonjour, RMac did provide the sleep study, which shows hypopneas predominating, plus a lot of snoring and tossing/turning. Hypopnea index was 61.7; CAI, .04. So it looks as though the CAs are treatment-emergent and the low pressures are enough to prevent most hypopneas and all snoring. Nice!

RMac, you are in very good hands with Bonjour. Do follow his advice. I will be interested to see how you do with 0 EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour & Dormeo! 

- will turn off EPR & Ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP User-Help Steve4cr 13 239 09-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Steve4cr
  Inspire User rbelcastro 1 98 09-22-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] New user having difficulties jmac862 3 117 09-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New User - Optimization Help Please! Sam R Squared 34 940 08-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Sam R Squared
  Another New User marbles 20 547 08-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: marbles
  New User Oarsman50 18 566 08-02-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New user dickydutch 44 1,747 07-19-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.