Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New User Sleep Data Review
New User Sleep Data Review
Hello I am new and new to the forum.  I have read many post but posting for the 1st time.

I use sleepyhead to read my data but will be reviewing Oscar.  I have several screen shots from my data Sept 7.  

In short, I work up...wide awake about 1135 pm,  I measured my blood pressure 150+- over 85+- with pulse seemingly pounding for a night time 85bpm.  Normally lying in bed stats are 120ish over 65ish with 65 bpm ish.

Since I could not get back to sleep and I did not lke the numbers I grabbed my disk and looked up my nights sleep.  Attached are the screen shots.

Being a newbie any help in reading / interpreting the data is greatly appreciated.  Want to be more educated in the data to talk to the docs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User Sleep Data Review
Hey, I can't give any precise advice as to what your pressure would be because I don't know much at all when it comes to optimizing therapy but I would recommend reposting with OSCAR because I don't see a graph of flow limits present. I don't know if it is necessary but it is always in the recommended layout of screenshots. If no one else responds tonight I would recommend raising your minimum pressure to 6. That's what was recommended to me when I first started APAP by the advisory board members. 

Also, you seem to be having a large amount of leaks. Are you using a full face mask or a nasal mask. If you're using a nasal mask it could be that air is taking the path of least resistance out of your mouth, causing leaks. Also based on the clustering of events and low flow rate with high peaks http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/images/c/..._Apnea.png (Image of positional apnea on wiki), I'd wager that you have positional apnea, also known as chin tucking. This is treated with a chin strap (works for some), or with a soft cervical collar (works for most). I use a soft cervical collar and it prevents my chin from tucking at all, and is barely noticeable after a few days. (Depends on fit)

I only replied because it seems your post fell under the radar unfortunately and have almost no business giving advice, and this is based on my own experiences. I wouldn't recommend acting upon my recommendations until an Advisory member or someone with significantly more experience in dealing with these problems responds, except for the change to min pressure 6.

Good luck with your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
To start with I assume you know that the dreamstation has been recalled. They are a real health problem. 

As far as pressure goes the min needs to go up. I would suggest 7 with Flex 2. 

That should allow for the machine to more quickly raise pressure to stop your obstructive apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, a cervical collar can prevent your jaw from opening on its own and help with mouth leaks in addition from chin tucking.
Post Reply Post Reply
blancobonzo - Philips machine do not have a Flow Limit graph. That is on Resmed equipment. Philips CPAPs report the Flow Limits in the Event section and as a value in the Statistics.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh sorry about that
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks contributors and SB for the info and suggestion.  Some more info...

I did not know about the recall...  Certainly will be looking into that.... What is the main recourse users are doing here on the forum?

I raise the pressure ( attached screen shots) 
I suppose I should mention I do use a chin strap, as I was leaking alot through my mouth and waking up it cotton mouth....

also now a Oscar user 

thanks all for the great work on the forum

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I also had cotton mouth but I used 3m medical tape to seal my mouth. I'd give it a try if I were you. (There are vents on the p30i so there's no risk of suffocation)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 160 Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 148 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 6 201 04-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 165 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 103 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 637 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.