Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New User, can any advise?
New User, can any advise?
Hi there,

Was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea (21 AHI) and have been using the Resmed Autosense 10 for the past month. 

The pressure range is set from 5-20, and reading some of the messages here it seems like I should reduce that range.

Here's my data from last night:

And the data from one night prio:r 

Any advise on the pressure settings or any other settings I could tweak?

Thanks,

Vik
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User, can any advise?
Having an EPR of 3 cm with a minimum pressure of 5 cm isn't doing you a lot of good. The lowest pressure the machine can provide is 4 cm. 
I think your minimum is too low and you might do better at a minimum of 7 or even 8 cm. Then reduce your EPR by 1 cm to start possibly go down by 2 if your centrals don't respond. I would also turn the ramp feature off and see how you feel. 

This is just a suggestion that wouldn't hurt anything and might reduce your obstructive events. 
I'm sure others will be along shortly to offer advice.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.
Your Pressure increases are being driven by your OA events. We need to increase your exhale pressures to better manage those.

3 changes
Set Min Pressure = 8 to better treat your OA events
Set Ramp Pressure = 7 to allow all values of EPR to be fully functional during the ramp.
Set EPR = 2, a reduction to see if we can reduce the instance of your CA events.

Try this and let's see how this works out
\
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both. Made the changes, will try these settings out for a few nights and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 291 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 501 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 712 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel ExXGZmpK 25 2,950 06-09-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: ExXGZmpK
  Therapy Advise Switched to Full Face Mask AHI increased Roamomo 6 945 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: paulryan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.