Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New diagnosis, in shock
RE: New diagnosis, in shock
Congrats on becoming an Oscarian! Next time you post a chart, try a few little tweaks first:

* Turn off the calendar (click on the triangle to the left of today's date),
* Turn off the pie chart (go to file, preferences, appearance, uncheck "show pie chart."

Those two steps will make it easier to see some useful information in the left panel.

Then you could massage the graphs a little so that all the important graphs fit in one screenshot. The experts will not need all the graphs, so move these six up, stacking them like this:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

To move graphs, click, hold, and drag.

Final step: To get those six graphs into one screen shot, you will need to scrunch them a little. Grab hold of the horizontal gray line that separates the graphs, and move it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very impressive installing OSCAR.  I got my new ResMed Airsense on Friday and used their My Air app.  I installed OSCAR on my computer, but need to buy a data card.   The machine felt so much better.   Hope to get Osar data today.
Post Reply Post Reply
     There's a discrepancy between last night's myAir report and the Oscar data in terms of how long my AirSense10 was on.  myAir says 7.22 "usage hours" but Oscar says the session lasted 4 hours 32 minutes.  My subjective sense is that I went to sleep around 11 p.m. listening to the machine do its thing.  I don't remember getting up and did not take off my mask, that I can remember, until the end of the session at 6:15 a.m.  myAir reported 2.9 events per hour and some problems with the mask seal while Oscar says AHI of 1.99 and some leaks. What could have caused this discrepancy? I've attached the Oscar data from last night.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
first thing to check is to make sure no sleep sessions are turned off in oscar where they are listed toward bottom left on the daily tab. did myair report any mask off's? another culprit might be if your machine ran through noon but that doesn't sound like the case.

edit: I see the screenshot shows only one session unless there's more to see when you scroll down so I might be in the wrong track.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking it might be a problem with the SD card, I switched to an official ResMed SD card I received in the mail from my provider. This morning, Oscar says there's no data at all for last night. myAir reports that data was received -- 8.4 usage hours, 2.7 events per hour, good mask seal. Could it be that my machine is not writing to the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing that comes to mind is, "Do you have the Write-Protect on"?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure the SD Card was unlocked when I removed it from the machine this morning. I locked it before I inserted it in my mac, per instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's only the Resmed S9 model that is effected by this. You don't have to worry.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well this is something new, Cheyne Stokes!?  Looks like around 15 minutes of it soon after I went to sleep last night.  Another odd thing is I've gained a couple of pounds even though I've maintained the diet on which I've lost 7 pounds over the past 6 months.  I suspect the weight gain is due to water retention since my ring is tight and my feet seem slightly swollen (no evident edema). I've been gradually backing off the humidifier over the past week after awakening feeling quite waterlogged.  My blood pressure is excellent and I have no history of heart or circulatory problems. I think I read somewhere here that water retention is related to EPR. Per advice here I had reduced the EPR from 3 to 1 to try to reduce centrals but then I put it back up to 2 hoping it might reduce the water retention. My understanding of all this is fairly primitive and I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Need to see the flow rate closer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 177 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,734 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 282 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 240 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 858 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 316 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 1,010 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.