Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Snore Metric
SleepyHead Snore Metric
I have a resmed autoset 10. Does anyone know how the Sleepyhead software know that I was snoring and how loud it was. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Snore Metric
(11-16-2015, 01:34 PM)Pugman Wrote: I have a resmed autoset 10. Does anyone know how the Sleepyhead software know that I was snoring and how loud it was. thanks

Snoring has certain characteristics of pulsation of pressure.

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead pretty much only reads what the machine is telling it. The machine keeps track of "snores" and "flow limitations" and uses both to decide when to raise or lower the pressure. All this information is written to the SD card and SleepyHead mostly just reads it.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 01:34 PM)Pugman Wrote: I have a resmed autoset 10. Does anyone know how the Sleepyhead software know that I was snoring and how loud it was. thanks

I have yet to figure this out. When I look at my data in ResScan, which has a similar display as SH, I can see correlation between snore index and irregularities in the flow, flow limitation, and/or minute ventilation curves; however, it is never a consistent correlation.

I'm sure there is some calculus-based algorithm that can determine snore based on one or more of these curves, but I challenge anyone to find out exactly what it is. I tried to get ResMed Tech Support to tell me more, but of course they don't support any patient analysis of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead only reports what the machine records in terms of snoring detection.

It's unclear what the numbers mean from an objective sense, or the exact way they are measured. Some combination of the pressure and flow sensors are used to "listen" to the pulsing airflow generated by snoring.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 701 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  How can you snore without any flow limits? TexasDon 2 530 03-19-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How are snore breaths detected? Albercook 1 610 11-29-2022, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [CPAP] AirTouch F20 troubles - nose pillows better? but I snore..chinstrap? Lilaq88 5 853 07-26-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged] DonApap 20 2,215 12-08-2021, 04:28 PM
Last Post: DonApap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.