Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New sleep study after surgery?
RE: New sleep study after surgery?
(01-01-2020, 07:19 PM)Geer1 Wrote: As bonjour said try a few nights with and without APAP and see if you notice any difference.

I seem to be very oblivious to "differences" because I probably had apnea for 9 years and I was totally unaware.  So I am very special. I bought a fitness watch and the program said "Did you know that 10 hours of sleep is somewhere above the 95th percentile?".  I'd still have untreated apnea otherwise.

I think I would almost trust a recording oximeter more than I would doing a single night 3rd party home sleep study again. At least you can see the data and track it for multiple days. Not a perfect test but if you are feeling fine and oxygen levels are staying in a normal range and you aren't having obvious desaturations then I think it would be safe to assume you are ok without PAP treatment.

I looked into a pulse ox attachment for my machine and was going to get one until I found out what they cost.  Maybe I can rent one from the place who gave me my trial machine.  It would certainly be worth having reliable data because heart tissue damage is no joke.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed option is really expensive but there are more reasonable options. 

Torontek b400 from either best buy or walmart (online only for both) is what I believe to be an equivalent of Contec CMS50F which works with OSCAR. I just bought one myself and will be trying it out next week when it arrives. Cost was $105 shipped.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see step 1 as determining if you have a need to take an overnight sleep test, to see IF you need to continue CPAP.

My guess is that yes, you will need to continue your CPAP use, though your untreated Apnea may be lower because of the other steps that you have taken. In this case, you will need to re-optimize your therapy because of your surgeries.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your idea that I can stop using the machine is amusing. My wife won't let me stop, it solves the snoring problem.

My doctor does not treat anything below an AHI of 10/h. I feel lucky, things have been going my way lately. Would be great if I did not need to use it, even if I will continue to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since obviously you are not looking at stopping CPAP set your range to 7- 10 with EPR=3 full time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
On your machine the min pressure should be set at 4 + EPR which is currently 6 or the min desired EPAP pressure + EPR if greater than 4.

How are your flow limits?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limit. graph from last night.  (My cervical collar should arrive on Monday, hopefully it will knock them down.)

Time at pressure:

I am thinking of setting the APAP range to 4.5-9.5 cm H2O. Agree?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 05:06 PM)Phasenoise Wrote: I am thinking of setting the APAP range to 4.5-9.5 cm H2O.  Agree?

I do not.  Your min pressure should be set to 6, which means that with EPR your min EPAP/Exhale pressure will be 4.  

Set the min pressure to 6

Max pressure I'm not that concerned with as I was looking at lowering it latter.  

Set min pressure to 6 when EPR = 2 (which it was in your last screenprint.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did not see your post before I went to bed last night. 4.5-9.5 works well based on 0 AHI report, sadly I did not have SD card in the machine. I understand that some people require EPR to be compliant but I am 100% compliant and will be until a qualified person tells me to stop. I have no comfort issue at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 89 1,630 04-23-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 113 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 205 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 279 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 204 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 211 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Talk me into or out of surgery BoxcarPete 37 2,218 04-15-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.