Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New to Boards and Data
New to Boards and Data
Hi everyone. New to the board. I've been using Cpap for OA for 6 years now. I finally was able to get insurance to provide me with the airsense 10 auto, so I can finally view data. Upon looking at my data, ive noticed that my Resp rate has been high every night. Also my AHI has been very low, but when i scroll throigh my flow rate, i see many events where i appear to not breath for 9 seconds. I have attached some screen shots. Also my resting RR while awake seems to be 15. I can tell when i fall asleep because it just right to 20.

First two pics are events my machine didnt pick up. Last one is the only flagged event. They also seem to correlate with leaks. The other pic is zoomed out of whole night

[attachment=13918]     [attachment=13921]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Boards and Data
At 5-20 pressure, EPR 2, your results look good, and the respiration rate is not something you should worry about, and not much you can do about it anyway. The higher respiration rate and good tidal volume results in a very good minute vent. I think there is some flow limitation, and I'd like to see you minimum pressure at 6.0. With EPR 2, that gives you a starting pressure of 6.0/4.0 and will stay more constant. If you want to try more EPR for flow limitation, the a minimum pressure of 7.0 with EPR 3, will give you 7.0/4.0 and should eliminate most of the flow limitation we're seeing in the close-ups. The additional per-breath volume (Vt) may slightly decrease the respiration rate, but I wouldn't make any promises. People tend to breathe at a comfortable rate when sleeping, and there is nothing exceptional about 20 BPM.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2019, 04:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: At 5-20 pressure, EPR 2, your results look good, and the respiration rate is not something you should worry about, and not much you can do about it anyway.  The higher respiration rate and good tidal volume results in a very good minute vent.  I think there is some flow limitation, and I'd like to see you minimum pressure at 6.0. With EPR 2, that gives you a starting pressure of 6.0/4.0 and will stay more constant.  If you want to try more EPR for flow limitation, the a minimum pressure of 7.0 with EPR 3, will give you 7.0/4.0 and should eliminate most of the flow limitation we're seeing in the close-ups.  The additional per-breath volume (Vt) may slightly decrease the respiration rate, but I wouldn't make any promises.  People tend to breathe at a comfortable rate when sleeping, and there is nothing exceptional about 20 BPM.

Thank you for the reply. I will try the suggested settings tonight. Which do you think I should try first, 6 min pressure and EPR 2, or EPR 3 and 7 min pressure. I’m still not quite sure I understand flow limitation yet, and I’m currently looking into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2019, 04:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: good tidal volume results in a very good minute vent.  

Would you mind explaining what tidal volume is.  I have looked and can't seem to find anything.  

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
besides an internet search there are at least 3 ways (and probably more) to get a brief definition for some things in oscar.

there's a 'sleep disorder terms glossary' at top left under 'help'

hover your cursor over the left side of the relevant graph on the 'daily' tab, between the title and the left vertical box line

hover your cursor over the relevant title at far left of the statistics box on left side of 'daily' tab.

I'm pretty sure there are more detailed explanations of terms in the wiki (click on same in menu bar at top of this page) but someone else will have to point you to the exact locations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2019, 06:23 PM)sheepless Wrote: besides an internet search there are at least 3 ways (and probably more) to get a brief definition for some things in oscar.  

there's a 'sleep disorder terms glossary' at top left under 'help'

hover your cursor over the left side of the relevant graph on the 'daily' tab, between the title and the left vertical box line

hover your cursor over the relevant title at far left of the statistics box on left side of 'daily' tab.

I'm pretty sure there are more detailed explanations in the wiki (click on same in menu bar at top of this page) but someone else will have to point you to the exact locations.

Post Reply Post Reply
mikevyo Wrote:...when i scroll throigh my flow rate, i see many events where i appear to not breath for 9 seconds.

Events less than 10 seconds are not considered to be events so the machine doesn't flag them They have to draw a line somewhere and 10 seconds is a reasonable number.

SleepyHead and Oscar have a facility to flag events of greater or lesser duration. Go to File | Preferences | CPAP and turn on Custom cpap user event flagging. You can then set the machine to flag events of eg 5 and 9 seconds. It takes a few minutes to recalculate - longer if you have many years of data. There's no indication that anything is happening so you might think SleepyHead has crashed - just be patient.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 800 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,072 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Searching the boards WLKSRQ 5 1,719 09-29-2016, 05:29 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  [CPAP] Where could I send defectives boards cpap to repair? Jose Filho 10 3,802 12-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Jose Filho

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.