Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New to Forum and feeling worried
RE: New to Forum and feeling worried
(05-24-2018, 08:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I hope I'm clear on this, my recommendation would be any auto bilevel, fixed bilevel and the autoset CPAP in that order.  I'm certain than any of those choices is better than no treatment, and it's just a matter of optimizing any of those choices.

Absolutely. Here's a clarification for (I hope) the benefit of the Mom, because I know this stuff can be confusing:

These machines are all durable, well made, and are designed to last for at least five years of 8 hours/night use. Buying one is a super-important investment in your health & well-being; you won't ever regret it, to say the least! If you can't afford the deluxe (bilevel) machine at the moment, my feeling is that you should still go for an APAP, probably the Resmed "Airsense 10 Autoset for Her" if you can find a good deal on that, otherwise the plain Airsense 10 Autoset (which has the same list price but is much easier to find, especially on the used market). From Supplier #2, the prices on the plain A10 Autoset are $550 used (gently, they say) and $750 new. A lower price on the new one might be found if you shop around; something in the neighborhood of $600 or $650 was mentioned in a post here the other day. Compared to that, the used Aircurve VAuto at $800 is also a good deal and could well be worth the extra expense eventually if it turns out that bilevel therapy (with a PS of more than 3) is what you need.

My point, and I do have one, is that you shouldn't let the Consumerland choices get you confused or indecisive so much that you postpone the treatment. The treatment, with any of those machines, is effective and low-impact and painless. For most patients, it works great and has no bad side effects. The good effects can be numerous, going beyond getting rid of the daily fatigue/exhaustion although that's obviously the most important thing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 400 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 137 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,579 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 212 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 314 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 341 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 225 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.