Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New to the CPAP thing
RE: New to the CPAP thing
Hi LaKat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's GREAT to hear that you are getting used to CPAP therapy.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2014, 08:07 AM)broskyf Wrote: I have been diagnosed with OSA. I am going back tomorrow night for the cpap fitting. I am very very apprehensive. Life is very hard right now. I feel like a zombie and my bed is my enemy.

I've been there. The night before my sleep study my wife was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. It turned out that she was alright, but I was a wreck. I was a wreck before that, too. Stressed out and so full of anxiety i was seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist.

There have been cases of people going insane because their sleep apnea was preventing them from getting sleep of any quality.

That was two years ago. I feel like a different person now. It was hard for me to adapt to CPAP therapy but I stuck with it and the only regret I have is that I didn't start 30 years ago when my chronic headaches started. It was a great surprise to have them fade away one I got my CPAP machine. The therapy helped a lot, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember - this is GOOD!!

This is a step in getting BETTER
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Struggling with the whole thing Billyaustin 1 376 07-23-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Does this thing work? enjoysleep59 7 2,105 04-06-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 613 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  Is Combination Therapy PAP and Implantable Stimulation at same time a thing? kpmccue 0 436 03-31-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kpmccue
  DME's yearly reminder (good thing I didn't have a mouth of coffee) elwoodpdowd 9 1,828 09-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Last Post: DanGagner
  I can't tell when there is pressure - good thing razormarsh 4 1,048 08-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.