Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Newbie Needs Some Guidance
RE: Newbie Needs Some Guidance
(08-30-2020, 11:32 AM)bonjour Wrote: Ron, that is one of the reasons we tend to recommend ResMed over PR.
That sais there are individuals that get excellent therapy from PR machines (we still prefer ResMed)

Great advice.  Purchased a ResMed Vauto.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE.  No pressure surge when starting to inhale.  Very close to normal breathing. Better sleep quality. Love it.  See the results of my latest study.  This was done using the cervical collar.  May look like a zombie with all the equipment going to bed but just keep the lights low and nobody will see.    Grin   Thanks again for all the advice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie Needs Some Guidance-SUCCESS
(08-30-2020, 08:12 AM)Aviator Wrote: The difference.....wearing a $13 soft cervical collar from Walgreens thanks to the sage analys of the OSCAR data and suggestion of Sleeprider.

That particular collar is exceptionally good. It's inexpensive and widely available in the USA. Comes with a washable soft cotton protective sleeve. It is the most comfortable soft collar that I've tried. It got rid of my obstructive clusters on first use as well. I am now much more aware of chin tucking at night, even with the collar on. When I roll over from side to side (half-asleep), I find myself noting that my chin is not tucked, even with the collar in place. You do not need to apply it relatively tightly around your neck. A slightly loose placement around the neck is more comfortable and still works. You should be able to easily stick your fingers in the gap between the collar and your neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie Needs Some Guidance
Would one of you knowledgeable folks mind looking at the attached data and tell me what you think can be done about the cluster of Clear Airways?  Thank you.  By the way that cervical collar really does the trick eliminating obstruction apneas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 18 844 04-16-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 74 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 644 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.