Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting Treatment
RE: Starting Treatment
Geniale, Thanks for the image. So, the saw tooth does show in Encore Basic just like it does in SleepyHead.
Does Encore Basic show pressure pulses on flow diagram? - I don't see them as a therapy flag nor a they marked on the pressure graph. I'm using Encore Pro with DreamStation Auto and don't see absolutely nothing like a saw-tooth pressure pattern but I do see flags for Pressure Pulses. A sample diagram Jedimark shows for DreamStation in the SleepyHead shows saw-tooth pattern...
Well, once the DS compatible version is released, I'll figure out if it's a pulse or temporary change in pressure.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 01:05 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Geniale, Thanks for the image. So, the saw tooth does show in Encore Basic just like it does in SleepyHead.
Does Encore Basic show pressure pulses on flow diagram? - I don't see them as a therapy flag nor a they marked on the pressure graph. I'm using Encore Pro with DreamStation Auto and don't see absolutely nothing like a saw-tooth pressure pattern but I do see flags for Pressure Pulses. A sample diagram Jedimark shows for DreamStation in the SleepyHead shows saw-tooth pattern...
Well, once the DS compatible version is released, I'll figure out if it's a pulse or temporary change in pressure.

The pressure pulses only show on the waveform report but the saw-tooth pressure pattern doesn't show up there, you can only see that in the detailed report:

[Image: Capture%20test%20pulse.PNG?dl=0]

From what I understand thought, the pressure pulses don't correspond with the saw-tooth increases though, they are two different things...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Geniale. Looks like the Encore Pro and Basic give the same type of reports. Now, I'm not sure what to think. My pressure report is smooth with gradual changes and absolutely no any saw tooth patterns... Don't know... Is algorithm in my DS that much different...? Do all Respironics APAPS show that pattern...? Don't know.... Will have another close look, once compatible version of SH is released.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I was wrong. I had a look at several weeks of pressure in "detailed" reports. Looking at it day by day, I found that there are periods of these sawtooth pressure jumps. Some days a pick or two. Other days, I found periods of an hour or so with as many as 6 "teeth" and than smooth for next several hours.
I looked for the corresponding period in the flow reports and than it hit me - the pressure graph in the flow report is charted in the scale of 5 - 25 which is compressed but, the timeline is really stretched. In effect, in there, I never noticed any sawtooth pattern. On close examination, these sawtooth are from a very dull saw! The picks are not picks - they flatline for anywhere between 20 seconds to a minute with gradual raise and fall.

Now, I'm thinking that something must be triggering these raises. Not just machine blindly checking now and than if there is an improvement at higher pressure. If that was the case, I'd expect these checks to be present at regular intervals and they are definitely not. They seem to be preceded by changes in the breathing pattern / flow waveform. OTOH, not all changes in the pattern are followed by a pressure pick... Oh well, luckily people who designed the algorithm for these machines do know more about it than I do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,018 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.