Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Oximeter adapter for Resmed S9 VPAP ST
Money 
Oximeter adapter for Resmed S9 VPAP ST
Just one week ago I got a Resmed VPAP ST. In order to measure the oxigen concentration, I would like to buy an oximeter adapter for the S9 series. Does anyone know a cheep source. I was not able to find it in the list of suppliers of the board.
Additionally I need a compatible oximeter sensor. Which one are compatible and were can I buy it. (new or used)

By the way: Before I used the machine S8 VPAP IV ST. Already after one week I slept about 30 minutes longer because breathing is much smoother with this machine. All values as pressure etc. are with exactly the same value.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter adapter for Resmed S9 VPAP ST
Hi MichlSleepsWell,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know where you would find one of those real cheap but Hang in there for answers to your question.
Best of luck to you with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want one that plugs into the machine directly, they are not cheap. Your only source is your local DME. You may be able to get insurance to pay for it but I doubt they would.

What you may consider doing is getting one on your own, one that works on your finger and is not connected to the S9. You can then use SleepyHead to coordinate the two.

Here's some resources:
Check out Supplier #19 in the supplier's list (link at the top of every page)
Look through the reviews section here at the forum. Many of us use oximeters. Some do so every night, others just whenever needed or to do checkups.
The SpO2 software: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software
How to transfer data into SleepyHead: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead (it is written for those that use the CMS-50D Plus but still applies to most other oximeters)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you for the Information. The main reason to look for the oxemeter is to check regular (i.e. each month) if the Level is still ok. because the insurance paies such check just once per year and it is inconveniant to get the equipment and bring it back. With a S9 oxymeter the main Advantage would be that the values ar stored for one year for the doctor. If it is too expensive I will look for another solution because I have to pay the oximeter myselve.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have looked into this myself and found that the Resmed adapter is the cheapest component; around $130. The oximeter and finger sensor that will work with this adapter, which is the Nonin Xpod can cost $500-600. All in all, this addition can cost you as much as your CPAP machine. As mentioned above by PaulaO2, there is a much lower cost stand alone O2 sensor that you can import the data into Sleepyhead. To match the time between the O2 data and cpap data so it shows correctly in Sleepyhead; you need to start up both units at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 08:51 AM)EzDzIt Wrote: I have looked into this myself and found that the Resmed adapter is the cheapest component; around $130. The oximeter and finger sensor that will work with this adapter, which is the Nonin Xpod can cost $500-600. All in all, this addition can cost you as much as your CPAP machine. As mentioned above by PaulaO2, there is a much lower cost stand alone O2 sensor that you can import the data into Sleepyhead. To match the time between the O2 data and cpap data so it shows correctly in Sleepyhead; you need to start up both units at the same time.

Thanks Thank you for the Information. Meanwhile I asked my local Resmed about the costs but did not receive an offer. They first asked me what I need it for. I would be willing to pay for the adapter if it would work with a cheaper sensor system. Does someone know a cheap system which is compatible with the S9 Adapter i.e. with lower accuracy or not approved for clinical use?
Post Reply Post Reply
Meanwhile I got an offer from my local Resmed. It is about 105 Euro for the S9 Oximeter Module, 180 Euro for a Softsensor and about 420 Euro for an Nonin XPod Oximeter, all in all 600 Euro (about 770 $) much too much. Does anyone know a soulution were I would use only the propreary Oxymeter module and other compatible and cheeper sensor and oximeter?
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest following PaulaO2's advice and check out stand-alone overnight Pulse Oximeter units.

The CMS-50D+ is a popular unit due to its low price point ($70). Personally, I prefer a wrist device, since the finger probe tends to be a little less firm (it doesn't have to hold the entire unit on the finger). I've got the CMS-50F ($130). Its disadvantage is that every session must be downloaded before using it again, because the next session will erase the previous session data. Additionally, the data file format has changed, so there is currently no way to import it into SleepyHead. Fortunately, their own software is sufficiently functional that SleepyHead integration isn't really necessary. Supplier #19 also sells the MS300W11 ($160) which, according to the description, can hold up to 10 sessions and/or 30 hours of data. I could have sworn that they once also sold the newer CMS-50i, which also can support multiple sessions, but don't seem to anymore.

Other forum members have reported favourably when they have sent inquiries to Supplier #19, so you might want to check with them for recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply
True, that's what Supplier 19 specializes in. If something exists to make bridge that gap, they would know.

I am going to invest in a wrist meter as the finger one has become too uncomfortable for me.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.