Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] PSG Computer simulator? DOES IT EXIST?
PSG Computer simulator? DOES IT EXIST?
Hello. I'm here because I have a question in regards to PSG! Now I know this question is rather strange, Because most people just don't think about this kind of stuff and are patients with Sleep Apnea And not RPSGTs, however, I am going to ask this profoundly strange question. I highly doubt that you could help me, but in the hospital even when during a full code, when there are heavy doubts in the regards to the viability of the patient who's in an absolute Adystolic Rhythm, an attempt must be made unless Otherwise directed such as might be in a DNR OR Obvious signs of non viability such as a decapitation or Rigermortus. So, here goes the attempt. I love the medical field. Well, that is really, A PROFOUND UNDER STATEMENT!! Due to my life full of numerous procedures, operations, tests, and being in medical facilities more than out as you might say, essentially. In case anything exists around the lines of what I am about to describe. I have underwent numerous PSG Stjdies the last one being conducted on DEC 9, 2014 and ending the next morning. That one got me the diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea WITH SEVERE Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure DUE TO THE Lowest oxygen desaturation bring 46% and this is in conjunction with my Neuromuscular disease progression and the other 35 health conditions. Due to such a profound interest in the medical field, I love it to no means of description. For years I have wanted to see IN REAL TIME, up close the display tracings of a PSG IN PROGRESA! I cannot begin to describe how much I would love to see this in real time and be able to see what it looks like during both a diagnostic AND Positive Airway Pressure Toteation PSG With the ability to see what all of this looks like IN REAL TIME!!!! I remember during the last PSG That I underwent, I was chatting with the respiratory therapist about stuff like ABGS AND Continuous Lateral Rotation Therapy A Well as other stuff. I was thinking about how awesome it would be to be able to go in the control room where all of the REALLY WONDERFUL STUFF TAKES PLACE! where Chris my RPSGT AND ALSO AN RT Since 1990 would sit and watch the PSG Display screen of MY PSG AND ANOTHER Patient undergoing PSG! I remember after he had me connected to the monitoring equipment and after he went out to get things set up for me, I was lying in the bed thinking about how wonderful it would be to be able to see in real time a PSG In progress. Thinks to HIPPA It wasn't happening!! I remember how I was wondering what he was doing prior to the Bio-Cal after leaving my room. I was thinking about what the software looked like for the Titration equipment which in my case was an OmniLab Advanced Positive Airway Pressure Therapy TITRATION System. I was thinking about how cool it would be to see the control interface for the titration software and how I felt so desperate to GET BEHIND THE SCENES AS YOU MIGHT SAY! That night when I had a proem due to not having my BiLevel machine for the First part of the PSG Titration when I was having those massive desaturations. I woke up with slurred speach and feeling awful. It is a long story for another post. But I got placed onto Positive Airway Pressure Therapy AND Ended up going from CPAP TO BiLevel Pretty quickly due to oxygen desats continuing on a CPAP PRESSURE OF 15cmH20 I was thinking about what the console might look like for the OmniLab Advanced software and also whether a simulator exists that I could use for free that is either online OR DOWNLOADABLE THAT could simulate PSG And maybe even has a way to simulate titration of Positive Airway Pressure Therapy As well. I would LOOOOOOVE to be able to sit in front of a computer display screen an be able to see UP CLOSE, What it is like to see REAL TIME PSG AND EVEN DURING TITRATION! I asked someone about remotely being able to log in to a software on my computer and see a PSG In progress. But that would be against HIPPA WHICH CANT BE ALLOWED OBVIOUSLY! I have tried to find a PSG Simulator and so far IT SEENS NONEXISTENT I know this post is very strange, But anybody, Any RPSGT OR ANYONE PERIOD! Can you help me! I know this is not your average post on the Apnea Board, However it is something I DREAM OF! Thank You AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PSG Computer simulator? DOES IT EXIST?
(04-26-2015, 12:35 PM)BiLevel48 Wrote: Hello. I'm here because I have a question in regards to PSG!

What is PSG?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 04:39 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 12:35 PM)BiLevel48 Wrote: Hello. I'm here because I have a question in regards to PSG!

What is PSG?

Polysomnogram! That is a sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you can't see it in real time, but you can download sleepyhead software and read your SD card yourself. Alternatively, some people get a wireless SD card and have it transmit directly to their PC. I suppose if you were to have a friend with apnea (and a data-capable machine) take a nap, you could watch the progress of apneas and pressure rise in action.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 05:50 PM)trailrider Wrote: Well you can't see it in real time, but you can download sleepyhead software and read your SD card yourself. Alternatively, some people get a wireless SD card and have it transmit directly to their PC. I suppose if you were to have a friend with apnea (and a data-capable machine) take a nap, you could watch the progress of apneas and pressure rise in action.

Ya know, funny you should mention this. I actually do use SleepyHead software. I use a ResMed S9 Autoset VPAP currently, and I actually LOOOOOVE SleepyHead. I cannot see the other waveforms like EEG, EMG, EOG, etc, but It is actually very very nice to be able to see values like my Minute Ventilation, my Apneas, and Hypopneas, my Centrals, Obstructives, my CSR, etc. I did not know about the external SD Card. I actually do use my VPAP more than just during the night hours, due to the need for daily respiratory support due to deteriorating neuromuscular Disorder which has decreased my pulmonary function down to only around 35% which is extremely decreased, so I knowing what I know about a Real Time SD Card, am going to investigate. I would looooooove to see my data continuously. It would be almost like a ventilator screen of waveforms it sounds like. I'm not sure that much about a the real time SD Card. I really want to know more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok you just have to look up the new toy that should be out soon.... personal EEG unit with 5 channels.
internet search "5 channel EEG personal use AF3 insight". And ECG and EMG units should be readily available. look for a monitoring software, and get yourself, or a friend hooked up to it.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2015, 06:22 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: Ok you just have to look up the new toy that should be out soon.... personal EEG unit with 5 channels.
internet search "5 channel EEG personal use AF3 insight". And ECG and EMG units should be readily available. look for a monitoring software, and get yourself, or a friend hooked up to it.

QAL

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Now, this sounds unreal. Personnal EEG? Would it have waveforms too being that it is personnal? I am going to be checking this thing out. I mean, this would be amazing IF IT HAD WAVEFORMS. And No doubt, I would be hooked up to it A LOT. Along with EMG, EOG, SPO2, ECG, Abdominal and Thoracic belts, and a lot more stuff. I'd love that. To have a full blown PSG in my own house. And then all I would need is an OmniLab so that I would have the ability to titrate myself from my computer with real time pressure, flow, and volume waveforms. Of course, I'd be hooked up to the monitoring equipment most of the time that I was at my house. The only time I'd be off of it is if I were out, if I were getting a bath, or, well ESSENTIALLY, THAT IS IT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes to waveforms.
And it can be programmed to respond to certain triggers (count D or A waves), including detection of change from deep sleep to shallow sleep, with wireless com to aux devices like heat and light lamps. Imagine being awakened at your shallowest sleep, after you have made it through all the sleep states, said to be the very best time to wake for maximum sleep satisfaction.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Open EEG

http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/modeeg/modeeg.html
[commercial links removed - to get to website, simply Google "Olimex OpenEEG"]

is on my do list to see if I can train my way to control of my ADHD.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Quote:Welcome to the OpenEEG project
About the project

Many people are interested in what is called neurofeedback or EEG biofeedback training, a generic mental training method which makes the trainee consciously aware of the general activity in the brain. This method shows great potential for improving many mental capabilities and exploring consciousness. Other people want to do experiments with brain-computer interfaces or just want to have a look at their brain at work.

Unfortunately, commercial EEG devices are generally too expensive to become a hobbyist tool or toy.

The OpenEEG project is about making plans and software for do-it-yourself EEG devices available for free (as in GPL). It is aimed toward amateurs who would like to experiment with EEG. However, if you are a pro in any of the fields of electronics, neurofeedback, software development etc., you are of course welcome to join the mailing-list and share your wisdom.

Right now, this site is mostly about the hardware; schematics, part lists, building instructions etc. However, a few members have developed some useful software which is hosted on their own websites. You can find these through the software pages.
Some regulatory business

Commercial and clinical EEG devices must live up to certain standards. This is good, since it provides a measure of protection for a user or patient. Obviously, we cannot provide such guarantees, as the OpenEEG project consists of a loosely knit group of people from all over the world. Thus, it is not an organization in the legal sense (especially since we do not have any money). Some people are not even American, so you can't really sue them and hope to win a million dollars in damages either.

The designers have done their best to create a safe device, but knowing whether the effort is good enough is a completely different matter (an $8000 matter actually). Therefore: everything is provided as is, without any warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.

In other words, if you decide to build and use one -- the responsibility is yours.

(For more information see our WARNING file which is included in each of our archive releases)

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 974 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  [Equipment] Trouble connecting oximeter to computer Smitharbie 9 8,413 06-10-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer Seabee211 6 508 02-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Seabee211
  P-SERIES DIRECTORY IN MY COMPUTER caribsun 1 564 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  A hybrid P30i FFM exist ? koy23 4 873 07-02-2022, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Idea TheMagic5 - custom swim goggles (does this exist with CPAP?) Hydrangea 1 691 11-03-2021, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Help w Oscar and results, computer illiterate Elgeeone 12 1,219 09-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.