Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Post nasal drip and blocked ears
Post nasal drip and blocked ears
Hi there. 

I'm 2 months in with my APAP. For the last week or so I've been waking up all night with coughing due to post nasal drip and my ears are blocked each morning. I've been using my net pot a few times per day, steroid nasal spray and taking an antihistamine. 

I've tried lower and higher humidity settings....

I know that I must be getting congested when I sleep and the pressure from the APAP is helping the fluid to stay up in my ears and sinuses. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can be more comfortable? I'm hoping that this won't last for the entire allergy season (most of the year in California). 

Best,
Darci
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Post nasal drip and blocked ears
When it gets really bad for me  Crying-into-tissue and humidity, nasal sprays or other antihistamines don't work, one thing that helps is to take a couple of (over the counter) Reactine Sinus + Allergy tablets a couple of hours before bedtime. In fact, it's the only thing that really works when all else fails. That said, it's probably important that you consult your physician.

[Image: reactine-allergy-sinus-30.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,812 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 168 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.