Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Please take a look at may charts
Please take a look at may charts
I have been using the ResMed Aircurve10 ASV machine for many year now, and currently using the F20 full-face mask. Overall, I think I'm doing okay. But my problem from the beginning has been that I wake up in the middle of the night almost every night. I have not issue falling asleep, but I wake up for whatever reason around 2:00/3:00 am.

I see a sleep doctor regularly. They have played with the machine/pressure settings multiple times, but they haven't found the desired settings to help me sleep through the night. He prescribed a sleep aid medication (low dosage) that helps me fall sleep until I get up around 6:00 am (again, I take the medication almost every night).

I'm going to see the doctor next month for a regular check and I wonder if you can give me some new suggestions/ideas to discuss with him. I'm posting the charts from last night from SleepyHead. Please let me know if you would like to see other details. Thank you,

Ruben
[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum][/url]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please take a look at may charts
G'day Ruben.

Looking at that chart, there's not a lot to improve apart from some flow limitation and one snoring event. Your apnea is well controlled with an AHI of 1.13. One thing you might consider is changing from ASV mode to ASVAuto. This will allow the EPAP to float up and down as required (within fixed limits) and that might better control the snoring etc. You might also have a look at your humidity and temperature settings to ensure those comfort factors are OK.

It might help if you could provide some charts showing nights you woke up, so we can see if anything shows up. However I suspect that fiddling with the settings won't make make a lot of difference to your waking. My guess is that something else is disturbing your sleep, such as:
- Ambient conditions (room too hot, too cold, too much light, noises)
- Comfort / discomfort (is mask comfortable on your face, does it move around? Is the headgear comfortable? Are you getting mask leaks into the eyes? (These won't necessarily show up on the charts). Are your mattress and pillow providing good support?)
- Does your bed partner move about, snore or in other ways disturb you?
- Do you need to use the toilet, or do you have other medical conditions which might be causing discomfort?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will try the ASVAuto mode for a few days to see if I notice any improvements. I will bring also this up with my sleep doctor on my next appointment.

I'm comfortable with the humidity and temperature settings on the machine and no issues with the ambient room conditions. I just seem to wake up without apparent reasons (other than having some vivid dreams that I remember ???) and then having a hard time going back to sleep unless I take a sleep-aid pill.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may not be able to be helped with a machine. There are lots of reasons for poor sleep.
For auto I would use
min epap 6 and the defaults
max epap 15
Min PS 3-4
max PS 15
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm attaching the charts from 3 other nights. Thanks again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2019, 09:44 PM)rdrivas Wrote: I'm attaching the charts from 3 other nights. Thanks again

I would increase the max PS to 15 rather than 9 as sometimes a PS of 9 is not sufficient to help you breath, unless the PS was limited for some other reason. This should reduce th UA's and hypopnoeas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 377 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 259 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 679 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 385 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.