Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Questioning CPAP when experiencing proportion CA events
RE: Questioning CPAP when experiencing proportion CA events
You should be able to find a used ASV online, that would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Sacracstic Dave,

Sorry to hear about your COPD deterioration. Good luck with the new study and hopefully you'll get answers you can work with.

I am seriously considering the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV as my machine of first choice.

I will try to find a second hand unit in Australia - unfortunately given the current US/AUD exchange rate and postage costs -acquiring a gently used unit from the US is not feasible.

(01-07-2020, 10:39 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: You should be able to find a used ASV online, that would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one.
Certainly on the look out for one JoeyWallaby... can you suggest where i might look?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Best wishes on finding your machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee I just saw a Resmed ASV on Gumtree for $1877 negotiable. This vendor seems do do a lot of business selling CPAPs, but I have no idea as to his reliability or reputation. Search for "RRP $6000 Resmed Aircurve 10 pacewave ASV bi-level machine"
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much Deep Breathing... I'll check it out ?
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries. Check your private messages.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK here is a rookie question.
If i purchase an AirCurve 10 Pacewave ASV Bi-Level machine can i use it in an auto cpap and or/ fixed cpap mode?
i.e. does it have a mode with similar functionality as the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset?

Cause you never know I may just alight on that magic fixed pressure number that makes all my Centrals float away!!!!
(yes I know fanatsy land is a place to visit not live!!!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes and no, the Resmed ASV has three modes: 1) Fixed pressure CPAP; 2) ASV; 3) ASV Auto.

So if they do find that miraculous fixed pressure the machine would do it, but it won't work like an APAP with varying pressure. Also, I don't think the ASV has EPR in CPAP mode, so you'd not get any exhale pressure relief. But given that you're fighting centrals EPR would be of limited value anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic.. it looks like i may have found a machine that will suit.
Thank you Deep Breathing and Joey Wallaby for the heads up on looking for second hand machines
Post Reply Post Reply
If that Pacewave is the same as my AirCurve ASV, CPAP Mode is straight CPAP, no variables that I saw.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 318 Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 214 Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,440 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 228 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 126 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 170 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.