Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Questions about OSCAR data/SpO2/heart rate/flow limitations
RE: Questions about OSCAR data/SpO2/heart rate/flow limitations
What pulse ox are you using again, Viatom or Contec?

If it's a Contec, then you can do that easily by going into their SpO2 Assistant software, load up the session, and you can then just select the area you want.

If it's Viatom, it's a bit less obvious. Probably the easiest way (aside from hacking around in the original binary data file) would be to extract the data from that session as a CSV, import it into your spreadsheet application of choice, then delete the rows after the time you took your mask off. Then you can just use the spreadsheet to average the remaining values.

I really must get around to hacking together something to ger more detailed stats from the pulse ox data.

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(01-17-2022, 08:58 AM)Ratchick Wrote: What pulse ox are you using again, Viatom or Contec?

If it's a Contec, then you can do that easily by going into their SpO2 Assistant software, load up the session, and you can then just select the area you want.

If it's Viatom, it's a bit less obvious. Probably the easiest way (aside from hacking around in the original binary data file) would be to extract the data from that session as a CSV, import it into your spreadsheet application of choice, then delete the rows after the time you took your mask off. Then you can just use the spreadsheet to average the remaining values.

I really must get around to hacking together something to ger more detailed stats from the pulse ox data.

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the info. I'm using a Contec. I was able to select the area I don't want and exclude it, and I have the minimum value and time below 88% data that I want, but I'm now sure where to find the average. On the SpO2 Assistant report, is the Basal SpO2% the average?

In OSCAR, it looks like it shows the median value rather than mean. Would those be essentially the same?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
In OSCAR, hover your mouse pointer over the SpO2 label on the far left side of the Daily screen. A popup box will appear with the average.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure about finding the average in the Contec software, to be honest - there are some reports though, perhaps check those using the same limited data set? I suspect what you are seeing is the baseline calculation they are using to calculate the ODI from, rather than the average (whether mean or median).

Otherwise, you could just export the data from that to a CSV and go on with the suggestion for Viatom. I really am going to create a way to manipulate the data someday.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR showing really weird-looking stop in data cathyf 15 410 53 minutes ago
Last Post: cathyf
  [Update] ASV vs APAP Oscar data Moemah123 15 663 4 hours ago
Last Post: Moemah123
Question First Night CPAP Oscar Data - Please Advise! alwaysdragging 1 134 Yesterday, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Bobbob
  Why does EPR help with flow limitations? breathestopbreathe 15 621 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Eliminated flow limits when switched to S mode koy23 5 284 05-22-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Pressure] Please help me self-titrate (OSCAR data provided) SnoozePlease 0 95 05-22-2022, 06:59 AM
Last Post: SnoozePlease
  [CPAP] flow limitation in cpap CanberrySleeper 6 398 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.