Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Resmed MyAir
RE: Resmed MyAir
I agree with you, it's a bit of a problem for reasons of what psychologists call 'face validity'.  It just doesn't seem right on the face of it.  We aren't treating hours of sleep, we're treating HOW WELL we sleep.  Or, it ought to be what is the most salient measure for the reasons we submit to sleep labs and eventual treatment regimens.

Still, as the others have said, the app is not intended to permit adjustments of any kind except that you get the full benefits of the devices, part of which is accomplished by the tweaking of settings (whether by you or by a remote site's monitor as was the case for me).  The other part is simply....persistent, and consistent, use of the device to ensure measurements were accurate and meaningful, and that the wearer is making a concerted effort to use the device for his/her own good.  Despite how horrible an experience it may be initially.  The cure really isn't worse than the disease, not in the case of a properly set up and properly used PAP device.

As a psychometrician myself, I am acutely aware of the risks of assigning weights to various factors that are known to subjects and that might confound the data or its acquisition because of the biases it can raise that impact the behaviours of the subjects as a result.  In this case, I think there could easily be a better, more intuitive, balance in the weighting of the scores.  After all, ten hours of 'sleep' where leak rates are bordering on, or exceeding, the upper limits much of the time is hardly a salutary experience...in my view.  The person gets full marks for PAP usage, and a paltry few points deducted for a complete sabotaging of the utility of the PAP by virtue of unacceptable, or just substantial, leaks.

They could do better IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed MyAir
I very much enjoy going to this forum every day and find it extremely informative and helpful.
I am 10 weeks into CPAP therapy and am getting used to it and feeling somewhat better.  My AHI is down from 81 in my overnight sleep study to under 5 every night.   My doctor is very pleased as well - although really only reads the monthly summary rather than analysing all the Sleepyhead data.
Which makes me think I could do better.  I am still having mask fit and leakage problems and I am not sure if my minimum and maximum pressures are correct and I would like the AHI down a bit more with less pressure if possible.  I don't want to fiddle around with the machine settings if I'm unsure of what I am doing.
I am wondering if the experts on the forum could kindly look at my Sleepyhead data from last night (a typically average night) and give me some thoughts on fine tuning my machine?
Many thanks, 

[attachment=5875][attachment=5876][attachment=5877]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 465 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,648 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 490 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,091 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,815 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,333 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.