Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Review of OSCAR
Review of OSCAR
Hi; Good day to all! I am new to this forum. Thanks for accepting me.

I have been a CPAP user since 2012 when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea with AHI of 60. When I started using CPAP machine - Philips Respironics System One REMstar Auto, my day got better and no more sleepy days. However, I did not bother checking my results and was just satisfied that I felt better after. However, few days ago I just came across OSCAR and got curious on how I am doing. Hence, I decided to join this forum and would like to share my OSCAR results. I am hoping if you could spare some time to review it and comment if there's anything else I need to do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review of OSCAR
Welcome to Apnea Board,

It appears you're treated to Respironics fatal flaw in therapy. You're doing fairly well but it can be improved. Let's do these 2 things, try Flex of 2 and increase Min pressure to 7 for now. You'll likely need to head to 8.5 if we go by your stat report in the 95% pressure.

I'm supposing Flex from 2 generations ago may be similar to the newer DreamStation's. Flex 3 has been problematic.

Your Respironics has a slow algorithm and we need to set the pressure near that point so it's got pressure built-up before needed or this PAP misses lots of events. Conversely a ResMed would not miss as much because of a faster algorithm. You may also be due for a new machine soon, then it's a great idea to snag the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board. There are a lot of people here that can help. 

Dave beat me to it. I was going to say a min 8 flex 2. Your min number is to low to get decent therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 10:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board,

It appears you're treated to Respironics fatal flaw in therapy. You're doing fairly well but it can be improved. Let's do these 2 things, try Flex of 2 and increase Min pressure to 7 for now. You'll likely need to head to 8.5 if we go by your stat report in the 95% pressure.

I'm supposing Flex from 2 generations ago may be similar to the newer DreamStation's. Flex 3 has been problematic.

Your Respironics has a slow algorithm and we need to set the pressure near that point so it's got pressure built-up before needed or this PAP misses lots of events. Conversely a ResMed would not miss as much because of a faster algorithm. You may also be due for a new machine soon, then it's a great idea to snag the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Thank you very much Dave for a very fast reply! I can try it tonight and will give my feedback tomorrow. Again, thanks!!!

(02-18-2021, 10:27 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome to the board. There are a lot of people here that can help. 

Dave beat me to it. I was going to say a min 8 flex 2. Your min number is to low to get decent therapy.

Thank you Stacey!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Yes do let us know how it changes your therapy. Include OSCAR and your answer to how you feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,008 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 331 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,985 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.