Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Review to see severity of Sleep Apnea
Question 
Review to see severity of Sleep Apnea
Hi everyone,

I'd like to first thank the people that started this kind forum. I have read some articles here and it has helped me immensely. I have been using ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machine for over a year now but not sure if it is improving my health or not. I have attached the latest screenshot of data from Oscar software. Can someone please help me interpret the severity of my sleep apnea? Thanks.

Regards,
Jack Y.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review to see severity of Sleep Apnea
A few obvious things spring to mind.

1) Just going by the numbers, your AHI is low
2) You seem to be having mask problems causing long periods of leaks.  From 15:00 to 16:15 your mask was hanging loose.
3) Ditto mask leaks at 16:45 to 17:15
4) Data can be unreliable in large leak areas ... but not always
5) You have quite a few periods of flow limitations happening
6) If you zoom in on the RERA at 13:14 you can expect your breathing "Flow Rate" to be very flattened or chair-shaped
7) If you zoom in wherever the "Flow Limit" curve is high..you'll expect to see the same thing as #6 but without an explicit "recovery breath".
8) Although we can't see the "Resp Rate" graph, we can expect it to be "noisey" or "spiky" in the same places where the flow limitations are messy. This shows your breathing is "struggling".

I am working on the assumption that my flow limitations are spoiling my sleep even when I don't have an official arousal-related recovery breath.
I suspect that if I hooked up to an EEG I'd see me moving up from deep sleep to shallow sleep and therefore losing the benefit of the deeper sleep.

It's hard to trust the data in the "large leak" areas in your case.
Maybe a different night's data without the leaks would give a more accurate assessment.

If you can squish the graphs vertically you should be able to make space to bring in the snore chart too.
Grab the horizontal separators between the graphs and drag up or down to squish them to use less screen real-estate

Maybe others will see more stuff here too.

I'll give you a link to a post on my thread explaining what you'll see when you zoom in on the RERA and the flow limitations
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid323859
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review to see severity of Sleep Apnea
I'd probably increase max pressure, put EPR on 3 and try to fix mask leaks.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 187 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 118 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 241 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 172 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 296 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 116 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.