Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One month in Sleepy Head Charts
One month in Sleepy Head Charts
Hey there.

Just completed my first month on CPAP therapy. Interesting ride so far. Started with an AHI of 29. Now averaging 3.24. 

My first month of data is slightly wonky, as I used the machine for 12 hours the first day I got it -- getting used to the machine -- and I went from nasal pillows to mouth mask back to nasal pillows, with the pillows having a much lower lead rate than the mouth mask.

I've also downloaded and used the Sleepy Head program to try to understand how the machine is impacting my sleep. I can't say that I feel grandly better now than a month ago. Yet I also have to say that I've noticed some slight changes that I'd feel were positive. As far as I can tell, I'm waking up less often during the night and sleeping a bit deeper. I wake up most mornings feeling like I've climbed out of a deeper sleep than I had before.

I'm still noting a correlation between apneas and waking up, even before waking up to get up in the morning. Because of the large drop in apneas, I know the machine is working. I'm just wondering from the data below if there's any trends or issues I might want to look at and ask my doctor about? Is my chart fairly normal? Will things improve even more over time?

Screengrabs below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One month in Sleepy Head Charts
You could bump your minimum pressure to 9cm and that should help cut down some of the events. It would also cut down on the pressure swings that can wake you up.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great advice from Walla Walla.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish i'd started at an AHI of 29, hell mine was in the 90's during my sleep study, now hovering at 0.2, so stick with it, i've been on it for 5 years now and its helped me a lot. It will take time to get things sorted, but great to see your figures are improving. Welcome to the land of the "hose heads"
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepingJody!

Welcome to the board .Your progress is really good but feeling better when you wake up is different for everyone.
Started in February with 41.6 AHI , last month average was 0.59 AHI. I asked and followed all the advices from the experts of the forum and today I would say I feel at least 50% better but I'm slowly getting there ,very happy about it.

Be positive and patient , it takes time ,won't happen overnight but it's really worth the effort !
Good luck with your therapy.

Bag-head snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 326 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 126 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 247 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 207 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,242 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.