Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Severe supine AHI but low on side...?
RE: Severe supine AHI but low on side...?
Thanks everyone for your inputs! 

@Sleeprider, I've posted numerous Sleepyhead results in my [url=I've posted numerous Sleepyhead results in my therapy thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...pport]main therapy thread[/url]. In the 10 weeks since I've started therapy, average AHI is 5.94 and pressure is 5.64 but ongoing results remain inconsistent. You and others mentioned I may have complex and/or cpap-induced complex apnea. I'm still experimenting and the dust hasn't settled yet, I'll continue to post there about specific results.

@holden4th, I've been using a cervical pillow since long before they were popular lol. I'm much more comfortable with my neck straight, so I'm pretty conscious of that, both when supine and on side. So I don't think positional issues are exacerbating my apneas. If anything, keeping my neck straight when supine exacerbates my occasional open mouth issues. 

@pholynyk, I'm still committed to the therapy, especially as many say it can take 6+ months to fully adjust. I'm just fanatical about research and facts and starting to get impatient!

@Mogy, those were my thoughts exactly ;-)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 117 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 98 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 527 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 764 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,097 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 517 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 326 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.