Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Severe supine AHI but low on side...?
RE: Severe supine AHI but low on side...?
Thanks everyone for your inputs! 

@Sleeprider, I've posted numerous Sleepyhead results in my [url=I've posted numerous Sleepyhead results in my therapy thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...pport]main therapy thread[/url]. In the 10 weeks since I've started therapy, average AHI is 5.94 and pressure is 5.64 but ongoing results remain inconsistent. You and others mentioned I may have complex and/or cpap-induced complex apnea. I'm still experimenting and the dust hasn't settled yet, I'll continue to post there about specific results.

@holden4th, I've been using a cervical pillow since long before they were popular lol. I'm much more comfortable with my neck straight, so I'm pretty conscious of that, both when supine and on side. So I don't think positional issues are exacerbating my apneas. If anything, keeping my neck straight when supine exacerbates my occasional open mouth issues. 

@pholynyk, I'm still committed to the therapy, especially as many say it can take 6+ months to fully adjust. I'm just fanatical about research and facts and starting to get impatient!

@Mogy, those were my thoughts exactly ;-)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anybody had success with positional therapies to force side sleeping? JoeyWallaby 14 1,951 Today, 06:45 AM
Last Post: macmkaz
Question Newbie: Severe CSA, OSCAR help request. Ratchick 29 1,172 11-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  High Tidal Volume, any possible side effects. blancobonzo 5 271 10-14-2021, 11:57 AM
Last Post: blancobonzo
  Autoset 10 side panel: how to clean Br1sleep 4 197 09-19-2021, 11:46 AM
Last Post: factor
  This side sleeping hack will shock you! Captain Howdy 4 405 09-18-2021, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Resmed N20 mask and sleeping on the side leakage CorruptAlligator 4 254 06-18-2021, 12:30 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  [Equipment] Nasal pillow mask leak with side sleeping jmac862 10 465 06-11-2021, 10:34 AM
Last Post: fstrife

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.