Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Should I raise my pressure?
Should I raise my pressure?
Looking at my OSCAR data makes me wanna raise my pressure by 1 on the max end? Am I doing this right? Thanks

Another screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I raise my pressure?
We can’t really see much with the views you posted. There is a link I have at the bottom of the post “organizing charts”.  In that post is more about Oscar you may want to look at to see how to give charts we can use to help. 

Use F12 for formatting
Use daily chart not zoomed in
Use the charts in the signature. To set it up you can go to view at the top  my left of Oscar. 

If EPR does not show up in the left column, tell us what you have it set to and if it is full time or just during ramp. Andcramp time. 

There will be help as soon as we can see all of the data.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

OK, I tried again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t see a reason to raise pressure but as I asked in my first post. 

If EPR does not show up in the left column, tell us what you have it set to and if it is full time or just during ramp. And ramp time. “

It is where I think you can help your therapy. 
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR 3 full time is on as shown in the last OSCAR shot. So sorry to answer a question with a question, but how do you feel with therapy? That's where setting edits are based now, how you feel. Numbers showing are good, with maybe a bit too much flow limits and snoring is there a bit.

With a bit of snore and FL, maybe increase Min pressure from 8 to 8.2 and review tomorrow, including standard OSCAR shot and tell us how you feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I missed EPR. I don’t see much to change.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first image you posted shows two OA events in rapid succession. Following the first apnea, we can see expiratory obstruction in the form of jagged lines at the bottom of the first three exhales. This clears up and you have a second apnea which ends with an exhale and double-peaked inspiration. In my opinion, this small cluster was positional, and you moved to a more favorable position at the end of that second apnea.

The second image shows you inhaled and held your breath for 10 seconds. The OA is marked where you exhaled. Immediately before this OA you had a flow limitation flagged and pressure rapidly increased to your maximum where the OA occurred. I think you responded to the flow limitation and RERA before the OA, and the OA is actually a shift in position, after-which you exhaled. In both cases, I think there is some chin-tucking going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Positional makes a lot of sense to me, I will raise my minimum to 8.2 and see what happens. Thank you, I do feel better rested although I never took naps and only occasionally felt tired. I have been snoring loudly as long as can recall, the past 10 years is when I have been told I stop breathing sometimes. I was hoping this therapy would assist with my Ataxia, that is why I seek a low number, however it has not. I will go back to lurking in the shadows as I know from some of these posts, many are way worse than me when it comes to Apnea. Thanks again for all of your assistance, and helping me during this troubling time for me Thanks .
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have clarified my last suggestion but I'm guessing a coffee break distracted me. Bumping up to 8.2 should have a follow-up with your own assessment. Did it change how you feel and what did OSCAR shots show? If it seems positive you can leave it. Always try to build a trend.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 340 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,648 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 936 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 859 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.