Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Sleep Study - what do some of these things mean?
RE: Sleep Study - what do some of these things mean?
Good morning!

I tried a bit higher pressure (6 min 10 max) to see if that helps at all. Oddly enough I had a higher AHI, and more CA events? I don't usually see AHI above ~1.5

It is worth noting my husband says my mouth opened more last night, so that could be a factor but I'm not sure what to look for in OSCAR to see where/when that happened. I don't recall my mouth being open so I don't know what times this happened.

I feel pretty good today for what that's worth, but I think I slept a bit longer than the night before too Tongue

Thank you!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study - what do some of these things mean?
Your central apnea isn't worth worrying at these levels, a lot of time low numbers of centrals like this are just you holding breath while changing position (if you are tossing and turning because of getting used to the new settings etc) or due to your body adjusting to the extra air being provided by new settings. You will always have the odd night that looks strange/different as well so need to look at multi night averages to know if there is improvement or worsening.

As for the mouth opening that would usually cause a mouth leak which should show up on the leak chart. Your leak chart looks great so if you were having mouth leaks they must have been very few and brief.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 938 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 247 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.