Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Sleep study at home
Sleep study at home
I just found out my DME switched from Lincare to American Home Patient.  They are the same, but my question is I talked to the doctor and he doesn’t have my pressures to order a new Cpap machine. But the DME has it.  Will an at home sleep study give pressures needed if I need a new prescription or do I need in hospital sleep study?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep study at home
You would need it done in lab sleep study that would include them trying pressures to see what you need to control your apnea. However they would probably just give you an autoset with the settings 4-20 like most people.

Many of them post here and complain they are not getting any relief from their symptoms. We give suggestions and help get them to the best numbers for them.

The one thing that is helpful is finding out what type of apnea , centrals or obstructive. If you had many centrals you would need a more advanced (and expensive) machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 06:54 PM)staceyburke Wrote: You would need it done in lab sleep study that would include them trying pressures to see what you need to control your apnea. However they would probably just give you an autoset with the settings 4-20 like most people.

Many of them post here and complain they are not getting any relief from their symptoms. We give suggestions and help get them to the best numbers for them.

The one thing that is helpful is finding out what type of apnea , centrals or obstructive. If you had many centrals you would need a more advanced (and expensive) machine.

Since it’s the same supplier they should have the pressure and set it off the old script.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest you post a typical night from Oscar and people here can tell you a lot more about your therapy
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
No home sleep study performs a titration which is the process a sleep lab uses to determine your ideal pressures.
Note: for a lot of reasons those pressures are rarely ideal.

A home sleep test can determine is you have sleep Apnea. Some of them can determine what category your apnea is, obstructive or central. This info and some medical history can help determine which class ofachine you should get. Assuming no cardio pulmonary, CNS, seizures, brain injury, etc. Which is most people it would be 1 of 3 classes, APAP/CPAP ("
ResMed AutoSet), BiLevel with backup (ResMed VAuto), or BiLevel with backup (ResMed ASV)
Typically as long as the sleep study says you have apnea it will be an APAP set at 4-20 which is not optimized.

Download OSCAR, then post your nightly chart and we, AB users, will offer our opinions on what it means.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 158 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,261 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 253 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 381 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.