Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Sleep study results
Gross 
Sleep study results
I had a sleep study done about a year and a half ago. Here are some of the results:

Sleep efficiency 79.1%
REM latency 330.0 minutes
Arousals 7.4/hour
Obstructive apneas 77
Central apneas 21
Hypoapneas 8
AHI 20.5/hour
RDI 20.5/hour
REM AHI 101.4/hour
Supine AHI 10.2/hour
Mean wake SpO2 93%
Minimum SpO2 78%

Are any of these severely abnormal? I understand the REM latency is high and the REM AHI is extremely high. What about the others?

I have been using a CPAP machine for a little over a year and it helps but is not a cure. Should I worry about the 21 central apneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep study results
With an AHI of 20 per hour, you were diagnosed were Moderate sleep apnea. That was over year ago.

Normal: AHI<5
Mild sleep apnea: 5≤AHI<15
Moderate sleep apnea: 15≤AHI<30
Severe sleep apnea: AHI≥30

If you have been using your Cpap for the past year, then what matters now is your current AHI and how you feel. There is no cure for sleep apnea, but with the correct therapy settings, you should be able to see an AHI under 5, possibly lower.

Are you still experiencing a high number of Clear Airways?  

You only need one more post, then you can post a #SleepyHead screenshot of the daily page here.

We would be happy to look at your data and advise if that is what you would like. Also, you profile is lacking information.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep study results
bugo, the fact you had a high proportion of CA events, and your supine AHI is low, while REM AHI is extremely high, may suggest you have a complex apena problem. Hopefully you will be provided a titration study that will evaluate the effectiveness of CPAP. I would guess your odds of getting good results on CPAP are about 50/50, and you may need a different therapy approach. I would prefer to see someone with these results get a titration test than to simply be issued an Auto CPAP machine for self-titration. It is possible that central apnea will continue to be an issue with CPAP. If the machine you have been using produces data, we can probably do better than guess. If CPAP does not work to reduce events to an acceptable level, there are bilevel machines that can help you to breath during central apneas or hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.