Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Sleep test interpretation help (Questioning my diagnosis...)
Sleep test interpretation help (Questioning my diagnosis...)
Hello all, 

I'm new here, hoping to gain more insight into my sleep apnea and overall condition. Thank you in advance!!  Smile

I was diagnosed with Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea last year after an at-home sleep analysis test.  However, I question this, as I feel like I may actually have "Central Sleep Apnea", or OSAHS.  

Very brief summary of my condition: 
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (including post-exertional malaise PEM)
  • Moderate OSA - CPAP didn't improve symptoms at all
  • Autonomic Dysfunction - Major sympathetic dominance during sleep (symptoms pointing to Pure Autonomic Failure, not yet officially tested/diagnosed)
  • Multiple Chronic Infections - EBV, Coxsackie B 2-5, Echovirus 11
  • Orthostatic Hypotension
  • Autoimmune - Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism; also had acute Guttate Psoriasis  
  • Sleep 12hrs/night
  • Unrefreshing Sleep - still tired during day
  • 36yrs old - Very good health (aside from the above of course)

Sleep Test Analysis

Here's my overall, at 24.2 events - "Moderate"
Note: Image will be posted at a later date.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep test interpretation help (Questioning my diagnosis...)
Well, I tried to fix the images in my post, but apparently editing is disabled.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cpapneas!   Welcome

Images can't be hosted from your personal computer.  Here is a link on how to insert an image on the forum.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it that way too.  It didn't work. 

Apparently I can't add images or links to images.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a safeguard against spammers there is a 4 post requirement. You're almost there! Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Say hi to me and you get a gold star.

PS do you have your actual copy of the sleep study? Just asking, because here in the US, HIPAA says you're allowed to request the actual report not just what the doc mentions. Get the detailed full report. You need this in your personal health file and you can post the redacted version here.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attachments can be done with less than 4 posts. Links require you be a member with 4 posts.  Attachments are described in the tutorial in my signature links, and the control is pretty far below the editing pane for your post under a green bar "Attachments", above the Attachments Notice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello
Post Reply Post Reply
testing 
Well, I had 4 posts. Still can't do links or images. 

Also, file is apparently too big to attach
Post Reply Post Reply
I think maximum image size is 700 KB and maximum file is 1 MB. If you want to link an image from a host site like Imgur, there is no limit and you should be able to do that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 11 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 186 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 253 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.