Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Smart Watch detects Sleep Apnea
Smart Watch detects Sleep Apnea
I saw this today regarding Smart Watches.  I'm sure it's not ready for "PrimeTime" yet.

This is by no means the only disease that wearables may be able to detect. Ballinger previously used the Apple Watch to identify an abnormal heart rhythm with up to a 97 percent accuracy when used in conjunction with Cardiogram’s AI-based algorithm. The Watch has also been able to identify sleep apnea and hypertension with impressive accuracy rates. And Ballinger wants to see exactly how useful the Apple Watch and other fitness wearables may be in the diagnostic realm — he and his team hope to examine a wide range of diseases capable of being sussed out by heart sensors.

FYI

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Watch detects Sleep Apnea
On another note... It's been announced today that doctors were able to diagnose diabetes using other data obtained using an Apple Watch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 09:19 PM)DanGagner Wrote: On another note... It's been announced today that doctors were able to diagnose diabetes using other data obtained using an Apple Watch.

I read that they were only able to confirm the diagnosis.  The study group all had diabetes, they were unable to confirm a percentage of the group.

Still very promising for the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some clinics are using these watches over here, but along with an APAP for home testing, I think they also have a oxygen sensor in them, maybe it is another watch, but I have not seen one in the flesh as it were.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,889 4 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,356 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 194 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 455 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,829 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.