Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Study results and Comfort vs Treatment
RE: Study results and Comfort vs Treatment
(04-01-2016, 08:41 PM)Dawei Wrote: When I was pushing for an APAP, my pulmonologist's primary concern appeared to be fear that the pt. would set the pressures too high and this would result in central apneas. When we talked about him writing a script for an APAP for me, I agreed to the idea that HE would set the pressure range, and that seemed to relieve his primary concern in writing the script. What I don't know is whether his reason for being reluctant to prescribe an APAP is typical of sleep docs, or just his own view.

David

My Doctor also told me that in cases where Centrals are significant APAP is contra indicated because of the potential for higher pressure being set by the machine and resulting in more centrals. I ended up with the Autoset also, after we discussed everything.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
DME heard from. We quickly agreed on the ResMed 10 AutoSet with humidifier and my preferred mask. The next step is something he called an "order verification". "Something for the insurance" he said. Apparantly they send the order back to the Dr to confirm that what is being ordered meets with what the Dr thought he was prescribing.
Post Reply Post Reply
On checking, the DME says they need to see a copy of the Sleep Study results as well. It seems, at least for Medicare, the DME is allowed to second-guess the doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 38 9 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.