Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile
RE: Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile
The oxygen drop into the low 80s is not good. My alarm goes off at 88. Search for low oxygen on this fourm and it will help you.Okay

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I finally heard from the doctor. He said the results do indicate sleep apnea, however there were both obstructive and central events. He said that because of that, the Auto-PAP machines weren't recommended since they would inappropriately increase pressure for the central events. Therefore, I need an in-lab CPAP titration. He put in for the insurance preauthorization for the in-lab titration, but doesn't know where that is (he needs to follow-up with the admin folks)

Boo, more waiting.
Post Reply Post Reply
He made the right choice. It sounds like your doctor knows what he is doing, and the issuance of a CPAP in the presence of mixed apnea is not a good idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
An Auto cpap can be set on non-auto cpap. I would try to get an auto machine for future use of auto if doctor approved.

Get your low oxygen fixed. You were xmart to get and use a meter.

Let us know how you are doing.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
So I had the titration study - couldn't sleep for anything. Haven't gotten the report yet (the study was just this last Wednesday, I haven't become the patient from hell that calls every day yet), but bad news already: I was supposed to see my doctor on Monday to discuss the results and stuff - but he broke his leg and is unable to see me. The next available appointment was a month out, so I don't get to see him for another month yet.

The sleep tech told me that in the meanwhile, another doctor would interpret the study results and do whatever is necessary. With the lack of followup that these folks have thus far demonstrated, I'm certainly not holding my breath (or maybe to be more accurate, I AM holding my breath still! Big Grin).

I really wish the NYU Sleep Disorders Center was still a thing........since everyone bailed for Mt. Sinai, it sadly is not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,372 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 399 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 195 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,485 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,390 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,542 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.