Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] WatchPAT results (UK)
Question 
WatchPAT results (UK)
Hello all,

I have long suspected sleep apnea / UARS as I've basically been tired my whole life despite sleeping for fairly long durations. Normal weight, teeth grinder, cold hands and feet, large tonsils, small jaw and large tongue (I have a lisp consequently), snore.. but of course, not taken seriously by doctors and NHS were no help (I am in England). Started to feel like a total fantasist after getting dismissed by an actual sleep consultant!

I did WatchPAT 300 last night - I waited til last night as thought I'd get a good normal nights sleep, but then my partner tossed and turned all night and I slept terribly. So my sleep time is much less than usual and 5 wakes is also higher than normal I think, also my REM sleep % is probably abnormal due to the disruptions.

But I have the sleep report here and it shows definitely some respiratory disturbances, enough to convince me to go ahead with purchasing a bipap device. Probably the Resmed Aircurve VAuto10 - still researching masks but think I would prefer hose-head style vs hose-nose, maybe Resmed P30i. I have a nose piercing but I'll just have to see about changing the jewellery depending on how the mask fits. I imagine I will probably need a full-face one for a back up if I ever get a cold and a blocked nose?

I'm going to do the study again tonight as I paid for 3 nights to be sure. I would like to get a report based on a normal nights sleep especially to clarify if I usually get normal REM %. We are also looking to buy a super king size bed so that we can each have more space. My boyfriend is one of those people who falls asleep in an instant, sleeps deeply and springs out of bed in the morning - he's also the one who takes up 80% of the bed!!   Sad

I also had a thought - my brother is a bit like me, can sleep a lot but always tired. I might ask him to do the 3rd night as I don't think I really need 3 nights data if it's abundantly clear I do have sleep breathing problems. At least he would know for sure. Has anyone got experiences of being diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and then family members also getting diagnosed? Wonder if there's a family associated.

Things I'm looking forward to..
- getting to know lots of other people who have sleep apnea and building up my knowledge about living well with it
- data nerding on OSCAR
- finding out what it's like to not be tired!!
- hopefully better sleep will mean better skin, better digestion, better concentration, more energy for activities and exercise, I'm being realistic though as nothing will change overnight.

I've been lurking for a while but look forward to getting to know you all  Smile Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 318 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 179 Today, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,520 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 143 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,686 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 204 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.