Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What was your sleep study AHI?
This poll is closed.
None/Minimal: AHI < 5 per hour
1.72%
1 1.72%
Mild: AHI ≥ 5, but < 15 per hour
12.07%
7 12.07%
Moderate: AHI ≥ 15, but < 30 per hour
27.59%
16 27.59%
Severe: AHI ≥ 30 per hour
58.62%
34 58.62%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Diagnosis] What Was Your Sleep Study AHI?
RE: What Was Your Sleep Study AHI?
My AHI of 5 was fudged to avoid paperwork. I qualified for a machine primarily because of AVERAGE oxygen below 87%. FWIW, Medicare does not accept RDI for diagnosis - a lot more women would qualify for machines if it did. Another gender bias.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was 61.1 and noted in the study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have a bad AHI the first night, in my opinion, does NOT mean that you do not suffer from sleep apnea.  When I had my study done, my AHI was 6.x, just barely enough to consider therapy.  I told the doctor that I have good nights and I have EXTREMELY BAD nights, and on the night of sleep study, I had a good night.

I don't recall the number of events during my CPAP titration study, but I do know for my BIPAP titration study, I had 89 events in under 5 hours (AHI 17).  Some hours were almost off the scale, some hours were fairly normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep Study done 12.22.2017
AHI: 24 but they stopped me early because it was so bad. Said if they would have let me go and not put me on a CPAP I would have been in the 30s.
My oxygen level dipped down to 73
No REM sleep

Now with CPAP I have been having about 3 AHI. That being said, I changed tot he full face mask (from the nasal pillow) yesterday and I had 0.1 AHI last night. I slept pretty good. It would have been much better but I have a bad cold.
Post Reply Post Reply
Um ... *cough*  160   *blush*

Now down to less than 1.5 on CPAP.

Minty
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2018, 09:10 AM)Sharnie Wrote: Sleep Study done 12.22.2017
AHI: 24 but they stopped me early because it was so bad.   Said if they would have let me go and not put me on a CPAP I would have been in the 30s.
My oxygen level dipped down to 73
No REM sleep

Now with CPAP I have been having about 3 AHI.  That being said, I changed tot he full face mask (from the nasal pillow) yesterday and I had 0.1 AHI last night.  I slept pretty good.  It would have been much better but I have a bad cold.

.1 ?  How much better could it have been ?  .1 is outstanding, dropping from24 AHI.   Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My BiPAP PSG says AHI of 26.3 from 3/2/17
on the ASV PSG...I have it somewhere in the stack...guess I need to organize it a bit better.

PS was under the impression my AHI was 30 + during the BiPAP PSG...so much for impressions being accurate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI 32.2 with desaturation as low as 67%, November 2001.

AHI currently <1.0 and desaturation controlled with nighttime supplemental O2. Daytime O2 mid 90% range without supplemental O2.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI of 85 for me. Now, with CPAP I average 4.5-5 per night and for the life of me can't get it below that. My current pressures are min 8.5 and max 20 on a Dreamstation Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Now with cpap, < 1 pretty much every night. Lots of 0.00 as well, on constant 7cm pressure.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.