Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What was your sleep study AHI?
This poll is closed.
None/Minimal: AHI < 5 per hour
1.72%
1 1.72%
Mild: AHI ≥ 5, but < 15 per hour
12.07%
7 12.07%
Moderate: AHI ≥ 15, but < 30 per hour
27.59%
16 27.59%
Severe: AHI ≥ 30 per hour
58.62%
34 58.62%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Diagnosis] What Was Your Sleep Study AHI?
RE: What Was Your Sleep Study AHI?
63. Doing much better now
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2018, 09:10 AM)Sharnie Wrote: Sleep Study done 12.22.2017
AHI: 24 but they stopped me early because it was so bad.   Said if they would have let me go and not put me on a CPAP I would have been in the 30s.
My oxygen level dipped down to 73
No REM sleep

Now with CPAP I have been having about 3 AHI.  That being said, I changed tot he full face mask (from the nasal pillow) yesterday and I had 0.1 AHI last night.  I slept pretty good.  It would have been much better but I have a bad cold.

Wasn't the AHI. I am sure it was because your oxygen level dipped  to the lower 70s and stayed there.
Post Reply Post Reply
In re: the poster who said 97.3, Dang, I thought I was on death's door with a 91. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2018, 12:18 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: 97.3   Not too bad.

Wasn't that FM 97.3? Too-funny
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been so long ago that I truly don't remember what my initial numbers were!  oldman  I do remember that the hospital did not want to release me until they could find a suitable machine to give me.  But I needed to have some polyps removed from my nasal passages before the therapy would be effective!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2018, 06:08 PM)abbysmom0826 Wrote: In re: the poster who said 97.3, Dang, I thought I was on death's door with a 91. LOL

What did you think of mine being 160 then!  I wanna know if I win a prize or if someone has me beat.  Smile

Minty
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I had mine in the early 90's before apnea was a thing. I had videotaped myself beforehand. I wasn't told my AHI then but watching the video I know that it was at least 60, or once every minute. Anyway, I couldn't stay awake in the shower in the morning back then. They operated and removed everything in the back of my throat. I immediately felt cured. But, more video showed that I was just better.

Last year, after years of concern about this I bought an apap machine on my own. I did a baseline study of my own by setting the machine to minimal impact and my AHI was 15-19 over successive nights. With the help of this board and others I now have a consistant 0-3 with most under 1.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Home Sleep Study AHI of 6, Lowest desat of 81%
In office titration study went from pressure of 5 to 8, with AHIs of 11.8, 40.6, 5.5, then 2.2 at prescribed pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
2003 90
2016 77

Like many here I did NOT have sleep apnea, I didn't stop breathing in my sleep, I didn't snore. Sound familiar. 

JUST to tell her "I TOLD YOU SO" I took a sleep study. 
I had 90 events per hour, an AHI of 90!! Go figure.

I didn't have a problem, I was driving off freeways at exits because I was driving to stay on the road. It was the rumble strips on the side of the city road that woke me up, rumble strips you ask, most know them as driveways, I was driving across driveways, and scared to admit it.

2nd sleep study, the titration study, and I woke at 5:30am actually feeling awake and refreshed, I was stunned.

My DME told me 6-8 weeks to get a CPAP device and I said no way. I said find one elsewhere and I'll travel as far as it takes to get it. End result was about 1.5 weeks to get an appointment and the device, and I've never looked back.

My Rx was CPAP at 18 cmH2O and I took to it like a duck to water. I was lucky, I was immediately feeling better. That was in 2003.

Now my typical treated AHI is about .5

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, how did you become approved for the bilevel?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.