Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What are my unclassified apneas?
RE: What are my unclassified apneas?
(06-28-2021, 12:33 PM)nickjohn Wrote: Looking forward to tonight.

That was a train wreck, almost 7 hours with an AHI of 0.29 and I'm so tired. I don't know f* about sleep apnea. 
I don't snore. My oxy ranges from 91-97. Rapid breathing can lower oxy numbers.
Looking back, I see that when I raised the exhaust pressure my RR increased.
I'm going to focus on getting myself into the normal RR range. Get into normal rates and maybe get better oxy.
Should I drop ex-pressure to what?
last night was 15/7 cm. try 10/4 ??? Having someone listening for snoring, incase I go too low.
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all you don't have obesity hypoventilation syndrome, your oxygen levels are fine.

I am leaning towards these being central in nature instead of obstructive. Feeling like crap after trying the high PS you did last night would support a central nature although I am surprised your AHI was low.

I would try 8/5 and then post data. Lowest pressure and PS is best so start low and we titrate up as necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a reaction to my second vaccine shot. Did not sleep.
Posting tues 6/29 

Posting for wed 6/30 

Post Reply Post Reply
Two expanded views for wed

Post Reply Post Reply
Going off Wednesday, EPAP 5 would be considered too low with the Hypopnea present. That's the highest event type showing that night.

Note this is supposing Hypopnea are Obstructive based.

Oxygen levels between 91-97 aren't bad. 91 is obviously getting close to 88%, but it's not there where an action to increase it needs to take place. If oxygen goes to 88% for 6 or more minutes, you need supplemental oxygen. But again you're not that low.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is hard to tell for sure but I think these are central in nature. Before we change pressure settings further lets try and fine tune breath waveform a bit since you don't need the square waveform. Start by changing rise time to 700.

What are your timin, timax, trigger sensitivity and cycle sensitivity currently set to?
Post Reply Post Reply
mode s
tmax 1.5s
tmin 0.8 s
rise 300 ms
trig med
cycle med
Post Reply Post Reply
For now lets try tmin 0.5 s, rise 700 and trigger high. See if you find that more comfortable and see how it affects data.

Tmin is the minimum amount of time at inspiration pressure, you don't really have a need for this setting so backing it down will ensure it has less of an effect.

Right now the rise time is supplying air/pressure faster than your spontaneous inhalation rate. This is great if you have disease and trouble breathing on your own but unnecessary in your case. Rise time on an autoset or vauto is around 1 second, with this machine the max you can do is 900 ms (900 setting), start at 700 if that feels better you can try going all the way up to 900.

Trigger of high or very high seems to help some people with central issues on PAP, it just adjusts when pressure starts to rise and I think it just has to do with getting it in sync with your breathing.

I am thinking these changes might bring your respiration rate down to the 12-15 average usually seen and they could potentially help with centrals as well since the square waveform supplies a lot more air and may be washing out your CO2 (especially in combination with your higher respiration rate).
Post Reply Post Reply
mode s 8/5 cm
tmax 1.5s
tmin 0.5 s
rise 700 ms
trig high
cycle med
THUR.7.1.2021.A

THUR.7.1.2021.B

Post Reply Post Reply
How did you feel when you produced that OSCAR? More or less comfort? Better or worse sleep? Well rested or not? I think the chart looks a lot cleaner, less variation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 591 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 264 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.