Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What are my unclassified apneas?
RE: What are my unclassified apneas?
Better sleep. Dropped off quickly @9pm. Woke to take a p*** @1:15. I was rested. Deep sleep. Could not get back to sleep. Just was not sleepy. I just stayed up watching tv. I continued using the machine, incase I fell asleep. And no napping today. Very good. Body feels relaxed. Muscle tenseness is gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good, headed in the right direction. Definitely a much more natural looking breathing pattern now.

Try this a couple more nights and see how things go. Might need to increase EPAP a bit (I would say to 7 cm) but as long as you are feeling good can stick with things as they are now.
Post Reply Post Reply
mode_s_8/5cm tmax_1.5s tmin_0.5s rise_700ms trig_high cycle_med

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah increase EPAP to 7 cm (10/7).
Post Reply Post Reply
mode_s_10/7cm tmax_1.5s tmin_0.5s rise_900ms trig_high cycle_med

Post Reply Post Reply
Post a couple 5 minute views, one starting at 23:20 and another at 1:50.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Lets try 11/7, rise time back to 700, trigger back to normal and cycle to low.

The night of the 28th you tried the resmed protocol for obesity hypoventilation syndrome but didn't post the OSCAR results. I would like to see that data to see how your body responded to that significantly higher pressure support that night.
Post Reply Post Reply
july 4 test: Mode_S Ipap-11 Epap-7 TiMax-2.7 TiMin-1.0 Rise-700 Trig-Very_Low Cycle-Very_Low

Edit: Add June 28 test:

Post Reply Post Reply
The oximiter is helping as it does show desats even though there aren't obvious apnea. You may be right about the obesity hypoventilation syndrome or something similar being part of the issue. The issue appears to be what looks like small inhalations (although still larger then mine for example), your exhalations are very fast (potentially due to restrictive nature of breathing in and weight on chest etc) and I am guessing your respiration rate is high because body is trying to maintain CO2/O2 levels by increasing respiration rate to keep up with demand since the inhalations are probably their natural size but not enough to keep up with O2 requirements.

I would change trigger back to normal as very low is causing IPAP to appear late in inhalation. I am thinking should try a lower rise time (say 500) as well as that will give more ventilatory assistance then raising IPAP will. I am also thinking increase EPAP to 8 and IPAP to 12 (same 4 cm PS but slightly higher pressure).

As you have made these changes has anything stood out as being obviously better or worse? Specifically curious about the rise time and pressures (if anything has ever felt uncomfortable. Even the 29th when you tried high PS at a low rise time did that feel ok (until the next morning)?

Edit: I am sure you already know this but perhaps seeing this data has been a bit of an eye opener. Trying to lose some weight does appear like it could make a significant difference in remedying this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 574 4 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 264 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.