Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What are my unclassified apneas?
RE: What are my unclassified apneas?
That area looks a bit flow restricted and you have more variation in tidal volume, perhaps because of extra restriction from sleeping on back. You said you normally sleep on your side? I have read it is easier to breath if sleeping on right side which is what I seem to naturally prefer.

If you are just doing back sleeping as a test I might go back to side if that is more comfortable before making more changes. Next change I would make is trying one more notch higher pressure support 8/13 pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
previous: 
mode_s  12/8  tmax_2.0  tmin_1.0  rise_600  trig_low  cycle_low
current:
mode_s  13/8  tmax_2.0  tmin_1.0  rise_600  trig_low  cycle_low

previous: 
sleep was OK, position on back, no pillow
current:   
sleep was OK, position on side, no pillow. I always wake up on my back.

waiting for delivery of pillow, foam sleeping wedge, for more position testing
2 sessions: 8:20 to 1:20 and then 4:00 to 7:20

O2 looks much better in both oscars.

Mode ST would have triggered here? What back up resp.rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you are getting it dialed in. The pressure increase is getting in decent sync with spontaneous breathing as well.

Yes ST mode with backup rate would have triggered pressure increase and tried to force you to breath at that moment. They recommend 2-4 BPM below spontaneous which in your case is around 19/20 so you could try 16 BPM as a starting point.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW a method I use to stay on my side is to build a pillow wall of 4 body pillows, stack them 2x2 and lie down on your side and then if needed you can roll partially on your back but not fully. At least it's more comfortable than a bed of nails.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
previous: 
mode_s  13/8  tmax_2.0  tmin_1.0  rise_600  trig_low  cycle_low
current:
mode_st  BR_16  13/8  tmax_2.0  tmin_1.0  rise_600  trig_low  cycle_low

previous: 
sleep was OK, position on side, no pillow
current:   
no change

Post Reply Post Reply
mode_st  BR_16  13/8  tmax_2.0  tmin_1.0  rise_600  trig_low  cycle_low
sleep was OK, position on side, no pillow
4:30am to 7.10am

Post Reply Post Reply
I am curious what your average awake SPO2 is, ideally want to try and get close to that during sleep although will always be a bit lower.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Does it actually average around 98/99 (if you wear the recording one for a while)?

Mine averages around 95 and drops to around 93 during sleep. I know it is a bit different for everyone though.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I am going for a walk, 92/93. Driving the car, avg 95/96. Sitting watching tv 97/98. Chatting 95/96. Yard work/ moving stuff/ washing car  88/92.
I have a BMI of 40.
That pulseox that is reading 99 is always a little high.

Made an appointment with a pulmonologist for august 24, they must be busy with the covid.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 591 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 264 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.