Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a FitPack/Trying a New Mask before eligible for new supplies with DME...how?
Getting a FitPack/Trying a New Mask before eligible for new supplies with DME...how?
So I am with Apria...essentially the worst most incompetent group of people ever in the history of mankind... 

My doctor wants me to try a new mask as my current one is having massive leaks.

He sends a prescription and I call in  - they tell me i am not eligible for resupply yet... which duh... I am not calling for resupply. I am calling to try a new mask so I need a fitpack.

They tell me to call the local branch. The local branch tells me to call the re-suppply number. And around and around in circles.

They all say that my insurance won't cover it until I am up for resupply which makes NO SENSE.

Why would I get a resupply of a mask I don't even know will work for me? Do pharmacies deny you a new medication prescription the doctor writes you because your last one didn't cure you? What is this nonsense. 

How do I get them to just do their job and send me the fitpack based on the prescription and stop telling me I am "not eligible"

I can't be the only person who has gone through this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a FitPack/Trying a New Mask before eligible for new supplies with DME...how?
I was able to switch to another mask with in 30 days after I started on cpap. I also have Apria and understand what you’re going through and had the same type of experience. I ended up just going to the local office and talked with some one that gave me a different mask. I remember her telling me that since it was under 30 days it would be covered.  There the worst and I no longer use them and my blood pressure is back to normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a FitPack/Trying a New Mask before eligible for new supplies with DME...how?
(07-27-2023, 12:49 PM)Nightynite Wrote: I was able to switch to another mask with in 30 days after I started on cpap. I also have Apria and understand what you’re going through and had the same type of experience. I ended up just going to the local office and talked with some one that gave me a different mask. I remember her telling me that since it was under 30 days it would be covered.  There the worst and I no longer use them and my blood pressure is back to normal.

Who did you switch to?

This is WAY past 30 days. That can't be the policy...you can only try new masks 30 days starting CPAP and then NEVBER AGAIN without full sale switching you a new mask before you know it will even fit?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2023, 12:55 PM)tierdal Wrote: Who did you switch to?

This is WAY past 30 days. That can't be the policy...you can only try new masks 30 days starting CPAP and then NEVBER AGAIN without full sale switching you a new mask before you know it will even fit?

That’s exactly what I said in my response.  I don’t use a DME at all now. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2023, 01:17 PM)Nightynite Wrote: That’s exactly what I said in my response.  I don’t use a DME at all now. Oh-jeez

Can you elaborate? Is that hard or?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you reached out to your Doctor to explain the situation? I would imagine they deal with this pretty regularly, they should be able to help you navigate the company for the order. If not, try calling multiple times until you get someone that can help you and understands what you are asking for. good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also had issues with trying new masks with my DME. And then you get abandoned. So don't feel alone. I ended up trying a new mask by paying for it with the Bezos company online. You can't buy a complete mask without a prescription, but you can buy each individual piece through Bezos and then you'll have the complete mask. No insurance involvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2023, 08:38 AM)Rich66 Wrote: I also had issues with trying new masks with my DME.  And then you get abandoned.  So don't feel alone.  I ended up trying a new mask by paying for it with the Bezos company online.  You can't buy a complete mask without a prescription, but you can buy each individual piece through Bezos and then you'll have the complete mask.  No insurance involvement.

its kind of insane you cant buy this without prescription but you can...buy all the pieces without one?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2023, 10:09 AM)tierdal Wrote: its kind of insane you cant buy this without prescription but you can...buy all the pieces without one?

That's correct.

You can also try the Supplier List above. (You'll still need a script).
Some of the vendors offer a free trial period, usually 30 days. You would have to pay initially, then they reimburse you if the mask is returned within that time frame.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
some online places will let you buy a mask fit kit with no prescription

I had similar insanity with Apria after my doctor sent them prescription for a different mask, and they said it was too soon.
I was annoyed ,just went online, ordered the different mask for around $90.    Havent had to get replacement parts yet, so lets see at that time if Apria will cover replacement for the new mask that they said it was too soon for!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 207 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 241 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 341 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 997 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 445 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 423 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,743 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.