Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What does this OSCAR data mean?
What does this OSCAR data mean?
is it likely I have sleep apnea based on these results?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does this OSCAR data mean?
Yes it does. Have you been given settings for the machine?

You have high flow limits and your settings do not help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going this alone. I heard 4, 10 was a good place to start. Would you recommend raising my maximum pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
4 is a terrible place to start for most adults. It often leads to feeling like you are suffocating.

A better first guess is 7 to 16 with EPR = 2. Increasing EPR may reduce flow limits, and flow limits are the main driving force behind your machine's increasing pressure. I am hoping that if we can reduce the flow limits that the machine may not drive the pressure as high. One of the risks with EPR is that it sometimes results in an increased number of CAs. It's one of the many trade-offs in finding your optimal CPAP settings.

Setting the maximum is mostly a matter of comfort. The machine is only going to raise the pressure as much as it thinks it needs to. The reason for setting a maximum to less than 20 is to prevent a "run away" pressure increase that disturbs your sleep more than the problem it is trying to but can't correct. That doesn't happen to everyone; my max is set to 20 but the machine rarely goes as high as 14. OTOH, my wife's max pressure is set lower because her machine will sometimes drive the pressure all the way to 20 and that is high enough to wake her up and then she takes off her mask.

Try that for a night and post a screen shot of the Daily page and others will have better data to advise you with.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no problem with what Guy posted, it is right now just a guess as what will work best for you. 

I was going to suggest 
Min8
Max 15
EPR 3

Which ever you do be sure the Epr is set to full time not to ramp. 

Post tomorrow and take off the calendar. You do that by clicking on the small triangle on the date line.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
WHAT IS HAPPENING

thank you for the ideas. I combined both your recommendations for a 7,15 and epr of 3 with ramp off. I thought this was working quite for me. As you can see for several days my AHI was quite low at 1 or 2. HOWEVER, on 12-25 my AHI was 7 and the entire night I felt like I couldn't breathe. I believe my nostrils may have been clogged which was causing me issues. It felt like I wasn't getting any air. Then, on the next recorded night which was 12-28 my AHI was 1.87 which was better, but later in the night I remember having disrupted sleep but I don't personally recall what the issue was. My wife kicked me out because i was being too noisy. She said it was as though it was forcing air into me and that i couldn't breathe out. She said she was afraid my lungs or chest were going to explode. I don't see anything unusual on the data charts this night.

Also, back to 12-25, there were many "Clear Airway" events, what does that mean exactly?

Here are the other days

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.