Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What should my next steps be?
RE: What should my next steps be?
That was a great night!  I know many people who have not been able to achieve that in years...  I hope all continues to go well.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
That pretty well answers the question whether the Airsense 10 is the right machine. At a minimum pressure of 8.0 and EPR 2, your results are simply excellent and pressure varied in a small range suggesting this should be both effective and comfortable. You nailed it on the first try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After you have a good baseline (about a month of stable results), I would suggest you test the different response modes.  Your Autoset has 2 options in the Auto mode:  "Standard" response, and "Soft" response.  I recently upgraded to one of these units, and did the tests. My body likes the Soft response best.  My pressures are averaging lower, and this is significant for a person with Aerophagia (air swallowing), which I have.  Even if you don't have aerophagia, leaks will be easier to manage at lower pressures.

Good luck on your journey.  Great start!
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback everyone, and again for the initial help in machine choice etc. Had another good night last night, I think I woke up once and adjusted the mask a little which caused a brief leak as I did that. My larger frame arrived this morning so hoping that will help a bit. I also ordered an N20 to try out for comfort but that's a few days out still.

(09-28-2020, 07:11 PM)becker44a Wrote: Your Autoset has 2 options in the Auto mode:  "Standard" response, and "Soft" response.  I recently upgraded to one of these units, and did the tests. My body likes the Soft response best.  My pressures are averaging lower, and this is significant for a person with Aerophagia (air swallowing), which I have.  Even if you don't have aerophagia, leaks will be easier to manage at lower pressures.

I saw this but didn't really know what it did, I guess it's sort of the mini ramp up time in response to events? I don't think I have problems with aerophagia but I suppose it's still early days.

The data for last night looks great (I think) - it's attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Great looking charts.  As long as you are feeling rested, I don't think it gets much better than that. like
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think there should be a rule that newer members cannot exceed therapy efficacy of the members answering their questions. Your results are stunning in both effectiveness and quiet, low pressure variation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2020, 04:21 AM)Pet0r Wrote: becker44a
Your Autoset has 2 options in the Auto mode:  "Standard" response, and "Soft" response.  I recently upgraded to one of these units, and did the tests. My body likes the Soft response best.  My pressures are averaging lower, and this is significant for a person with Aerophagia (air swallowing), which I have.  Even if you don't have aerophagia, leaks will be easier to manage at lower pressures.

I saw this but didn't really know what it did, I guess it's sort of the mini ramp up time in response to events? I don't think I have problems with aerophagia but I suppose it's still early days.

The Standard vs Soft response has to do with the way the unit adjusts pressure in response to Flow Limitations and events.  Soft response is said to be "less aggressive", but I have no reference to tell you what that means.  I just tried the 3 modes my machine has, and Soft works best for me.  My 95* pressure is running more than 3cm below where I was on the S9 Autoset, and more than 2cm below Standard response on the A10, so truly significant improvement.

Here's the thread where I reported the comparison:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rapy-Modes
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA maineiac 3 538 07-10-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Had a Lofta test and need help with next steps possible CA TDogg501 1 493 04-25-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help Interpreting OSCAR Data and Next Steps cpapish 5 656 01-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: cpapish
  Just had sleep study review and confused about next steps turbopenguin 6 816 10-27-2022, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sanity check on next steps (still tired) TSomm 76 6,992 02-06-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: TSomm
  Suspected UARS - Question Re Next Steps theclient1437 27 3,578 05-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: slowriter
  ASV first steps Croweater 14 1,740 11-24-2019, 12:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.