Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Would like comments to fine tune
Would like comments to fine tune

I’m new to CPAP (4 months) and just discovered this forum and software. Here are images. Any comments or help is appreciated 

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/b9602749-4c6e-42cb-9c2c-3a8fb8909825[/img]
[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/4105f163-4a8e-401e-acea-e0ad6caf0921[/img]
[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/56ae69f8-bb8e-48a4-940c-91948e534bde[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would like comments to fine tune
You need to take the screenshot using F12 then post by adding the attachment using the button at the bottom of the post.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry thought I added screen shots. Here they are.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say the Min pressure needs to be increased from 4, let's try 6 (95% pressure was 6) and see what the data tells us. Also include the answer to "how does it feel?" so we get your feedback. 2 reasons to edit the pressure up, 1. Respironics machines are slow to increase pressures for events, and 2. you need higher pressure to combat the events. Finally, I see you have a Ramp programmed. I'd suggest not using the Ramp button, as this offers preset pressures that are below therapy pressure. Ramp doesn't respond to events, so the duration of Ramp means compromised therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed Min to 6 and turned off ramp (not sure if I turned off ramp correctly because it show on the attachment??). I did not feel any different with the change but am getting good results when I changed to C-flex using pressure setting 3 last couple of days.  I do wake up in the night with a ringing in my ears but goes away when I get up.  Not sure if that is caused by CPAP or not.  I use a CPAP memory foam pillow and am a side sleeper and tend to switch sides a lot during the night.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is still obstruction and hypopnea present that require an increase in minimum pressure. Increase minimum pressure to 7.0 and you should see some improvement. The statistics show a 20 minute ramp from 4, but I don't see it in the chart. It sometimes takes a day for changes to show up in the statistics.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resperonics recommends using C-Flex with CPAP mode, A-Flex with APAP mode like you are using. I had a Resperonics for 5 years and remember I didn't like C-Flex when using APAP but can't remember why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Raised Min to 7 and didn't sleep as well. Woke up several times with pressure built up in my mouth. Also I raised the Max up since the Min was getting close to it. Not sure if that affected anything.

Post Reply Post Reply
My look at the chart says the pressure change did little to affect events. You're probably going to need even higher pressures to treat the events. You may have to talk with your DME and tell them the Respironics isn't doing a very good job and ask to swap for a ResMed AutoSet. Tell them that it's not treating the events very well, and with increasing pressure it's not comfortable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with David, if at all possible get rid of the phillips and move to a ResMed. The difference in therapy is the computer program the 2 cpaps use. The phillips is slooow to react to events and the resmed is just much quicker. The supplier makes more money from the dreamstation (costs him less) but he get the same money from insurance so of course he gives people the one he can make the most money from...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 295 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 457 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 391 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,632 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New CPAP User Looking to Tune Settings with OSCAR squaredr 4 655 10-15-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: squaredr
  Need help with fine tuning pressure! LWilder 17 2,856 07-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2 drzebra 2 453 05-18-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: drzebra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.