Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diagnosis help. Low AHI Moderate RDI from Lofta
Diagnosis help. Low AHI Moderate RDI from Lofta
Ahi 6.4
Rdi 19.8
O2 nadir 90%

Hi,

I am looking for help with next steps.

I have strong allergies which cause me to have a ton of difficulty breathing through my nose during the day and night. They gave me extreme anxiety until I started changing my environment and taking antihistamines. Still some anxiety and moderate brain fog after mitigating steps so I thought I would move onto alternative treatments

I took a lofta study and got these results.

I saw online that I might have RERA incidents due to a similar post with low AHI and moderate RDI. Lofta prescribes a cpap. The post suggested a bipap instead

I am going to get a in lab sleep study to gain other measurements. I am also consulting with a surgeon (Dr. Kasey Li for potentially his EASE procedure) in two weeks to expand the naval cavity. 

I want to begin treating it now though, not wait for a lab study or line up for months for surgery. Should I get a ResMed S10 AirCurve VAuto instead of a cpap now to deal with breathing better? Happy to pay out of pocket. What settings should I use?

Thanks for your insights
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Diagnosis help. Low AHI Moderate RDI from Lofta
Ah I see i cannot order a bipap without a specific prescription. I'll buy a cpap for now and see what the in lab sleep study says
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] New moderate apnea member seeking advice Cloudyw00 1 165 07-08-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Random1001
  Will Medicare Cover 2nd Opinions on SA Diagnosis? manich 4 195 07-05-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: manich
  Concerns of Diagnosis After 1 Week crashbandicoot 0 243 04-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: crashbandicoot
  2 PSG Studies w/ RERAS, Unsure OSA/UARS Diagnosis and APAP Pressure SleepyTeacher 5 339 04-13-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Apneas without diagnosis Geoffrey 2 313 04-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Geoffrey
  I did Lofta's home study & was diagnosed with mild OSA. Please help me with CPAP? allistairt 5 504 01-27-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  Medicare TReatment/Diagnosis Codes Homerec130 2 320 01-22-2022, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.