Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diagnosis help. Low AHI Moderate RDI from Lofta
Diagnosis help. Low AHI Moderate RDI from Lofta
Ahi 6.4
Rdi 19.8
O2 nadir 90%

Hi,

I am looking for help with next steps.

I have strong allergies which cause me to have a ton of difficulty breathing through my nose during the day and night. They gave me extreme anxiety until I started changing my environment and taking antihistamines. Still some anxiety and moderate brain fog after mitigating steps so I thought I would move onto alternative treatments

I took a lofta study and got these results.

I saw online that I might have RERA incidents due to a similar post with low AHI and moderate RDI. Lofta prescribes a cpap. The post suggested a bipap instead

I am going to get a in lab sleep study to gain other measurements. I am also consulting with a surgeon (Dr. Kasey Li for potentially his EASE procedure) in two weeks to expand the naval cavity. 

I want to begin treating it now though, not wait for a lab study or line up for months for surgery. Should I get a ResMed S10 AirCurve VAuto instead of a cpap now to deal with breathing better? Happy to pay out of pocket. What settings should I use?

Thanks for your insights
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnosis help. Low AHI Moderate RDI from Lofta
Ah I see i cannot order a bipap without a specific prescription. I'll buy a cpap for now and see what the in lab sleep study says
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 184 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 729 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 251 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,430 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.