Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] long time snorer first time poster
RE: long time snorer first time poster
(12-31-2014, 01:18 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Just a thought? If going with the System One, push for the "heated hose" option, as it does more than just the humidifier, and with the System One, you need the new hose, new lid, and a different power brick around $75 bucks to buy the upgrade yourself - there is a thread on the topic if you want to read up on it.

I think I read about this a day or so that you need to have a 80 watt or slightly more powerful supply.

When I met with the DME and asked about heated hoses they said " they are not needed and any way no insurance is going to pay for them any way"

I have since met with Apria I have read about them being bad my local office seemed ok and would allow me to pick the machine but they did try the line with me that a credit card was needed on file.

I hope my prescription comes in tomorrow then rush to s DME and get my order in , if not I might hold off getting a Cpap and get a new insurance provider as this one has given me such a run around.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: long time snorer first time poster
Well the end of the year is here and I did not get my prescription from the Dr but after 2 calls to the insurance provider today I found out that it would not have helped. After being told 3 times by the provider that I would be completely covered the last call listed the device would be on a rent to own and not purchased outright.

I now feel it's best that I shop around and get the device and mask I want rather than being told this is the model we have and you have to have this one and this is the mask you are going to get as the seemed to be the case with the DME that my insurance wanted to go with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 79 1,457 4 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,107 Yesterday, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 90 Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 87 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 186 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 298 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 170 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.